2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
This is very good car with reasonable quietness. It isn’t as quiet as my Mercedes sedan or Acura SUV (and that is the truth), but quieter than all other minivans I’ve tried. Mind you all SUVs and crossovers tend to have higher floors which can contribute to their quietness (and also comfier seats), the purpose of minivan is slightly different and shouldn’t be directly compared with these types of vehicles.
For some reason the engine noise is not as quiet as I like to be in this minivan but I’m okay with the general level of refinement, quietness and comfort. Wind noise is minimal and there is some road noise depending on the road conditions and your tires.
The other attributes of Pacifica including the ultimate cargo / seat space and flexibility, the amount of available high tech features for the money, and the contemporary and stylish looks more than make up for this slight shortfall in noise level.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to admit, the Nexens I wasn't expecting when I ordered my ride are pretty good for noise.

Actually TBH, I havent had an issue with the wet/dry traction, wear or winter performance of these Nexens.. very ordinary.
I don't think the Nexens are that quiet, but ours have less than half the tread left so they are probably louder than a new set. They do well on dry pavement, good on wet pavement, but they're terrible on snow in the winter.

I'm still looking for a way to find out if the ANC works or not. Any ideas (that are manageable for amateur mechanics)?
You can always just pull the fuse for the amp/ANC module and go for a drive to hear if a difference is audible. It is a 25A fuse located in cavity F09 in the underhood fuse panel.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm still looking for a way to find out if the ANC works or not. Any ideas (that are manageable for amateur mechanics)?
That's a good question. I really don't know the answer. Perhaps someone else will know?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can always just pull the fuse for the amp/ANC module and go for a drive to hear if a difference is audible. It is a 25A fuse located in cavity F09 in the underhood fuse panel.
I did and A/B-tested it. To my ears, there is zero difference. I wonder if the ANC can be activated in the system (not for us drivers but maybe a service technician). Our Limited was converted to European standards including language (German), so maybe something happened on the was...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Loud!

I guess I need some new tires although I only have 10,000 miles on them. I'm running the tires that came on it and out on an old concrete highways at 60 - 70 MPH my wife and I have a hard time hearing each other in the front seats. We do not have the back seats up so that might make a difference but it's one of the disappointing things about our 2018 Touring L.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
19 Participants
[email protected]
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing