2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I've been waiting almost 2 years for Weather Tech to release window deflectors for my Pacifica. What a drag. But after searching the internet I found a set that I think look quite nice. They are made by Wells Visors. They stick on on the outside and have clips for extra reinforcement. They have the chrome trim which I think make them look quite factory. Not only that but they are half the price of the Weather Tech I had on my Town and Country and they don't feel cheap. It has the same colour tint as my Panoramic sunroof. What do you think? Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have the Mopar set that don't look nearly as good IMO, but I have not noticed any wind noise at all. They actually let you drive with the windows slightly cracked open to draw air out of the cabin without a lot of turbulence. That is not a completely quiet operation, but more so than it would be without them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I haven't noticed any increased wind noise even with the windows open a little.

I do have something to add to my original post though and that is - the colour of the tint really only matches the tint in the sun roof in bright sunlight. In shaded light the window wind deflector is bluer in colour. I still like them a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I liked them so well I bought a set. Thank you for posting this. I paid $70.99. US. It was 4 bucks cheaper to order direct than through Amazon prime. FYI

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed those buggars and what a PITA! One of the holes that connect the clips to the deflectors was too small! So much for quality control. I drilled it out. The connection system, for me, was very awkward. I am an old fart, and apparently not very dexterous. The tape backing was a bear to get started for removal. I did get them on. I think they look great.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
FYI, I noticed on their web site that they have a black trim option to replace the chrome. I guess that's the "S" package version.

Reactions: craig

·
Super Moderator
586 Posts
I sure would like to get a set of those. I got a lifetime warranty and am worried about voiding it. I know it won't void the original warranty but installing 3rd party parts and accessories because the extended warranty is technically considered a service contract. Would anybody be able to tell me if it will void my warranty or not?

Source - https://www.knfilters.com/faq.htm#15

""Extended Warranties" are actually not warranties at all, since consumers must pay money to receive their benefits. The proper name for an Extended Warranty is a Service Contract. These contracts may contain exclusions or clauses conditioning their coverages, and these may limit the consumer from using certain products (like aftermarket air filters or performance intakes) on their vehicle. Service contracts are not regulated by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and once a consumer signs an agreement, they are bound to the terms of that contract. In the event of a vehicle repair, the presence of an aftermarket part (even if it is unrelated to the repair) could void the contract and force the consumer to pay for the repair themselves."

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those like myself that waited, WeatherTech now has the deflectors available.
I'd been checking their website every 2 months since I got my Pacifica in 9/16.
I ordered mine thru their eBay store. (Same price as their website).
I installed them yesterday and Love the look. I'll post pics when I get some.

George

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll post pics when I get some.

George
Here's some pics of my WeatheTech deflectors installed. I prefer the look of the in channel vs. the glued on outside type.
Sorry for the bad quality and that the van is filthy.

George

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Looks great. I’ve always liked Weather Tech. Unfortunately I ran out out patience waiting fo Weather tech and when I found WellsVisors I thought I would try them. They were quite a bit cheaper for me here in Canada and now that I have them on I like them a lot. As for the weather techs, I had them on my Town Country and really enjoyed them. Although one of the first things i did was to remove the WeatherTech logo. For me it stood out too much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question: I just ordered and installed the weathertech in channels for my 2018 touring L but I'm running into some problems.

The driver side and sometimes the passenger won't roll up because the window is hitting the weather strip that's being squished forward from the visor at the very base near the side mirror.

Have you experienced that or maybe have some solutions? Here some pics of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Question: I just ordered and installed the weathertech in channels for my 2018 touring L but I'm running into some problems.

The driver side and sometimes the passenger won't roll up because the window is hitting the weather strip that's being squished forward from the visor at the very base near the side mirror.

Have you experienced that or maybe have some solutions? Here some pics of what I'm talking about.
View attachment 43793 View attachment 43794
Sorry for the late reply.
I didn't have that problem with mine although, I did have an issue with the passenger side 2nd row window hitting the deflector and rolling itself down again for a bit.
(I still have a recurring similar problem with the drivers door like that. I hit the button, It rolls up about a third of the way then goes back down).

·
Registered
497 Posts

View attachment 43793 View attachment 43794
Needs to be on top of molding, not on the rubber.
Look at the pictures in this thread:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts