2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windshield cracked after a stone chip on a road trip. Safelite is coming today to put in a new one. They say that after the glass is installed I need to go back to the dealer for calibration.

It's a 2017 Pacifica Limited with Advanced Safety Tech. Does it rally need calibration?

·
Registered
219 Posts
My windshield cracked after a stone chip on a road trip. Safelite is coming today to put in a new one. They say that after the glass is installed I need to go back to the dealer for calibration.

It's a 2017 Pacifica Limited with Advanced Safety Tech. Does it rally need calibration?
I don't know. What I do know is that if I had to go to the dealer anyway, I'd just have the dealer replace the windshield and have "one stop shopping". Screw Safelite; they are the glass PPO for many/most automobile insurance companies. If they can't go A-Z in my glass replacement, they don't deserve my business. Your deductible is the same whether you use them, a dealer, or Joe Blow glass co.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Good to know that third party glass place has access to pacifica windshield now. I think some other users here on this forum complained that they couldn't get a replacement easily before.
Question.... how are those sensors behind the mirror got transferred to the new windshield? did they scrape it off the broken windshield and re-glue them to the new one? or the new windshield came with the sensors pre-glued? Just curious.
thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Safelite installed an OEM windshield. I paid them my Allstate deductible. The local dealer Riverfront Chrysler https://www.riverfrontchryslerjeep.net/ did the calibration and Allstate will reimburse me.
Allstate told me that Safelite and other 3rd party shops are just starting to get the calibration equipment in our area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had my windshield replaced by Safelite this week. Actually they did it twice because they broke the first one during installation. I had to wait a week before the second installation. In both cases I did not have to calibrate the sensors at the dealer. Everything is working fine. The installer stated that usually it is not needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
MrBaho
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing