2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week after our winter storm and relative deep freeze (-3F), my wife complained that the front washer stopped working. Today I took the van out, and with it being slightly above freezing (and after the van sat in our slighty-above-freezing garage) I tried the washer, and nothing. Got home, filled the reservoir, and tried the washer again. Nothing out of the sprayers, but when I opened the hood, there was washer fluid dripping out of everywhere. I took the insulation off the underside of the hood (breaking every push clip in the process) and found this:

There is nothing to indicate this any of these parts aren't original to our Pacifica, but it is like the hard lines weren't snapped all the way into the rubber elbows, and icing caused enough back pressure to pop the lines out. Weird.

Anyone have a P/N for those push clips? I mean, they look like something I could get at AutoZone, but I need 11 of them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow - good investigative work there! I have never seem or heard of that but since it used to work before the ice your conclusion about what broke it seems logical.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yup, looks like ice blockage created pressure which blew out the connections. Are they broken? I'd just pop them back in good and tight and tape up all the connections and call it a day.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, looks like ice blockage created pressure which blew out the connections. Are they broken? I'd just pop them back in good and tight and tape up all the connections and call it a day.

It took a good amount of pressure to snap them back together, which makes me wonder if they weren't properly seated in the first place. This van came from down south, so this could have been its first deep freeze. We'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It took a good amount of pressure to snap them back together, which makes me wonder if they weren't properly seated in the first place. This van came from down south, so this could have been its first deep freeze. We'll find out soon enough.
Ice expanding can move mountains. Popping your fittings is a piece of cake! Keep that 20 below fluid in there. Always assume that the oil change guys don't courtesy fill the washer with the good stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Visit the Chrysler dealer's parts dept.

Ended up ordering a pack on Amazon after getting the wrong size (and not much help from the green counterperson at my local NAPA). Interestingly, the P/N from Chrysler is for a completely different clip style than what was holding in the insulation. Perhaps someone had been in there before.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same issue when I bought my CPO 2017 Pacifica last year. I purchased it and drove it home from the dealership in May of last year when the weather was perfect. During the first storm which was a few weeks later, I tried to use my washers and nothing came out of the nozzles. I had my son pull the lever for the washers while I stood outside and I heard and saw the washer fluid dripping from under the hood. I didn't want to risk breaking the connectors & since it was still under warranty, I took it to the dealership. They told me the connection simply came undone and they reconnected it. I haven't had any trouble since then.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
WAs your windshield washer fluid strong enough to prevent freezing in the lines during cold cycle. I have never seen that and lived in cold areas the first 40+ years of my life. Good luck with solution going forward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me twice and before the cold set in. I think they weren't snapped in all the way. I found a part number for the "cowl push pin", #04878883AA, at a cost of $2.40 each. I can not confirm this is correct, I've not placed an order. The cost seems high to me and I'm hoping to find something generic at a lower cost. 2017 Touring L.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
What was the price for the Chrysler OEM parts which you thought looked different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What vehicle is this for?

In my case our 2017 Pacifica. My info and build date were in my signature at one point, but it is now missing. Weird.

This happened to me twice and before the cold set in. I think they weren't snapped in all the way. I found a part number for the "cowl push pin", #04878883AA, at a cost of $2.40 each. I can not confirm this is correct, I've not placed an order. The cost seems high to me and I'm hoping to find something generic at a lower cost. 2017 Touring L.

That is the part number I found too. A pack of 25 on Amazon was less than $9.

What was the price for the Chrysler OEM parts which you thought looked different?

They're very different. Left is what I removed, right is what the P/N above comes up as, and matches the diagram on the Mopar Parks website.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts