2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Touring L - Bright White, Black/Alloy w/Nav
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter's coming so I'm looking for winter tires for my Touring L. What are the experiences of the forum with winter tires?

What brand and model works well woth the Pacifica? Any tires you'd recommend or recommend to avoid?

Ar this point, I think I'm leaning toward the Toyo GSI 5 or 6. I had Toyo GSI 5 on my previous SUV and they were good. Reviews say they're good for heavier vehicles.

I've had ok experience with the Michelin X ice, but I've noticed that the tread isn't that deep and they seem to wear quickly.

I had studded Nokian Nordman tires that were great for a 2wd pickup, but were very noisy.

All that said, I'm interested in hearing your experiences. What have you used for winter tires on your Pacifica and how were they?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I took off the OEM tires at 12k miles and put on a set of Goodyear Assurance Weatheready tires. I live in Minnesota, and these tires are fantastic, and I run them year around. 24k on these Goodyears, and they are at 7/32", so they are wearing well. Remarkable, quiet tires.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think it all depends on your location for winter , some places get crazy snow rain and ice . I’ve used blizzack dmv2 and I pike and prefer the blizzack . I run a 235 60 18 with 108t winter on oem 18 rims and 245 50 20 with Bridgestone ecopias in summer on a factory black 20 oem rim . The 20”s in summer see really no mileage deviation vs the 18”s . A good brand name tire is way to go buy a 235 is good size on a 18 rim . Good luck and happy motoring

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Limited Ceramic Gray S
7 Posts
I have a set of 225/65/17 steelies with goodyear ultragrip wrt’s that i used on my town and country. Anyone know if they will work on hybrid with s package?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just be aware that the tire / rim combination has to support a 5100 lb vehicle and any extra weight . When shopping for a tire/ rim be sure that you adhere to the minimum specie load ratings for tires/rims .

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a set of 225/65/17 steelies with goodyear ultragrip wrt’s that i used on my town and country. Anyone know if they will work on hybrid with s package?
I had a similar situation, but with alloy wheels. Load rating on the old tires was too low, as noted by @CANADAHYBRIDGUY. Was able to use the 17”wheels with new tires. Went with Michelin X-Ice. The are quiet and work well in snow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
...was able to use the 17” (alloy) wheels with new tires. Went with Michelin X-Ice. The are quiet and work well in snow.
I have the same setup. They are shockingly quiet tires with great snow performance; I quite like them.

I've had ok experience with the Michelin X ice, but I've noticed that the tread isn't that deep and they seem to wear quickly.
When I was researching, I think they were among the only winter tires with any mileage warranty, so I am surprised at that. I've had them on other vehicles and have not had premature wear issues.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus
22 Posts
I too went with the Michelin X-Ice on 17 inch rims and was very happy.
Only used them for one winter so can’t really talk about wear other than they show no signs or wear yet.

·
Registered
2017 Touring L - Bright White, Black/Alloy w/Nav
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems that the X ice is a popular choice. From reading more reviews, it seems that they may not wear quickly, but the tread depth is shallower than some others.

I think it all depends on your location for winter , some places get
crazy snow rain and ice.
I'm on the East Coast so that's us! We get a lot of freeze/thaw cycles which results in ice, yet we also get snowstorms that bring big dumps of snow.

The weight issue that @CANADAHYBRIDGUY mentioned is the most important factor. The size is also slightly different. The 17s on my Pacifica are 235/65R17. Yours are slightly narrower and smaller in overall diameter. It'll make a very small difference in speedometer readout. As long what you have matches or exceeds the load rating for the Pacifica's tires and wheels, you should be ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts