2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 eHybrid Touring L Plus, grey, modded
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install an aftermarket rear lightbar and am wondering if there is a conveniently placed wire that is on for the turn signal by not the brake light and vice versa? Would it be easier to run a wire the length of the car from the front signals?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't have your answer, but double posting is frowned upon in most forums. You can edit your original post if you have a more complex question. Now I hope someone does know your answer, because it is a very good question.

Because stuff like this is controlled by a computer, you will likely have to run a long wire from someplace, unless Chrysler put a near location for their OEM wiring harness.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
67 Posts
In my previous van, Honda Odyssey, I branched off the trailer light wires.

·
Registered
2018 eHybrid Touring L Plus, grey, modded
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my previous van, Honda Odyssey, I branched off the trailer light wires.
Does the hybrid have a trailer wiring harness? My dad says you're not supposed to tow whit it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you don't have a tow package, the downtown job would be to wire in a trailer wiring harness and use it to power the lights:

If it's a low amp draw, take off the back light assembly and use a multimeter to probe for the correct wires. Then splice in. I'm not a huge fan of that because it's more load on the wiring that it was designed for and I don't know how much overhead there is.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
67 Posts
Does the hybrid have a trailer wiring harness? My dad says you're not supposed to tow whit it.
They do not recommend you tow with it, but plenty of people have installed the hitch for bike racks and cargo carriers. I can't answer if there is a connection for the harness or not. There is an OEM harness for a trailer for the gas version.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you don't have a tow package, the downtown job would be to wire in a trailer wiring harness and use it to power the lights:

If it's a low amp draw, take off the back light assembly and use a multimeter to probe for the correct wires. Then splice in. I'm not a huge fan of that because it's more load on the wiring that it was designed for and I don't know how much overhead there is.
Something like this would do the trick. Looks like it pulls the power directly from the battery and plugs inline with the left and right tail light connectors.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
596 Posts
Something like this would do the trick. Looks like it pulls the power directly from the battery and plugs inline with the left and right tail light connectors.
But note the compatibility for that item...Hybrid is not mentioned. Probably because the wiring harness is different.

Confirmed to Fit
2020 Chrysler Pacifica

Limited
Touring L

Touring L Plus

·
Registered
67 Posts
But note the compatibility for that item...Hybrid is not mentioned. Probably because the wiring harness is different.

Confirmed to Fit
2020 Chrysler Pacifica

Limited
Touring L

Touring L Plus
I think it would work. It plugs into the tail light. I expect that they use the same light across models. This confirms it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't own a hybrid, but will drop this note: I used the Tekonsha branded harness and it worked fine, it was a lot cheaper than the Curt. Also idk if it's still the case eTrailier's pricing was a touch on the high side. Usually will buy from them if they are close as they have AWESOME customer service, but this time around they were a good $100+ higher.

So, I ordered from a pretty sketch website StreetSideAuto.com, the items arrived as ordered and within 3 days.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Your best bet is non splicing and pin into the rear tail light connectors . Easily removable and won’t show if anything electrical goes afoot for warranty claims ... splicing is always a void warranty and easily identified .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts