2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
time and outdoor temperature in a separate display or in dashboard display - not confined to
console
???

I put the time and outdoor temp as the top items in my center display. Temp is top left, time is top right.

Softer ft 2 seat bases. I had to pay an upholstery shop to modify the foam base.
Also I’d like to be able to manually downshift the transmission
I wish I could manually upshift too! In fact, I wish it had a manual automatic or even a manual transmission, although I'd have to teach my wife how to drive a stick.

not an option for the 2018 version. I guess they already listened to earlier complaints
I have a 2018 Touring L with just the basic dash. Mine was set up this way when I got it. I took the time off because the time is also on the radio and replaced it with the Range to empty.

I would like the liftgate to behave like my VW's does with regard to locking: I would like to be able to lock the van, then use the liftgate (key in my pocket) without it affecting the lock state of the van overall. I would like to lock the van, go back and open the liftgate, get my stuff out, close the liftgate, and walk away knowing that the van is still locked.

As far as I can tell, opening either a sliding door or the liftgate with the key in my pocket changes the state of the van from locked to unlocked.

Also, I would like the van not to time out on me when in Run mode and in Park. I dunno what happened, but it just turned off on my recently without my doing anything. (I'm in the van charging my phones and watch and laptop, because the power just went out in the house. I'm also using the van's wifi hotspot.)

A lot of great suggestions here! I know that Chysler is reading this forum, I wonder if our suggestions ever come up for discussions.
As for me, I wish the cabin had the flexibility and utility of the old Sienna as I wrote here Features from Sienna I miss in Pacifica.
For the hybrid I'd like to have an option to use ventilation without heat. The heat comes on when the set temperature is few degrees above ambient and it eats the battery like crazy.
Speaking about the ambient temperature, its display in Uconnect 5 is ridiculously small. I have never seen a font this small on any car. They should've made the numbers twice as large instead of the "outside" on the second row.
Oh, and I hate the reliance on the touchscreen. I know it is cheap but so inconvenient and outright dangerous at speed. I want the dedicated physical buttons for the climate functions and a joystick based interface for the rest.

Speaking about the ambient temperature, its display in Uconnect 5 is ridiculously small. I have never seen a font this small on any car. They should've made the numbers twice as large instead of the "outside" on the second row.
Oh, and I hate the reliance on the touchscreen. I know it is cheap but so inconvenient and outright dangerous at speed. I want the dedicated physical buttons for the climate functions and a joystick based interface for the rest.
Very much agree on both points here. The temp display is way to small... especially since the screen itself is so generous in size.

Agreed about buttons. I don't like how many touches it takes just to get to "sync" on the HVAC. It's weird they didn't make that a hard button on the console.

For the hybrid I'd like to have an option to use ventilation without heat.
can't you do that? Just turn the fan on, turn the temp to LO, and turn the AC off.

Agreed, which is why I set my center instrument panel screen to show the ambient temp in the top corner.

Reactions: econometrics
But they slide....

Frankly, I don't think of them at all as "tiny". Pull it down, and it pretty much hides the entire windshield.

can't you do that? Just turn the fan on, turn the temp to LO, and turn the AC off.
This and adjust the fan down from the full blast. I consider it an ugly workaround. In my BMW all I have to do is to push a button to go to what they call "Eco Pro+" mode, and it disables both heat and AC.

5. Allow for a setting where the vehicle can be remote started or climate control system preconditioned while charging without starting the ICE.
Sorry for resurrecting this 5-month-old thread, but there is a way to do almost exactly what you want on the 2021 hybrid: Scheduled Cabin Conditioning (SCC). I thought you'd like to know about it. You set a departure time and the van uses ambient temperature to calculate when to wake up so that the cabin is heated or cooled to your climate set point at the departure time. It's detailed starting on page 24 of the hybrid supplement.

I setup a departure time for my wife to take the kids to school. She didn't like that the kids couldn't get into the locked van on their own, so I disabled it. Other than that, I can attest that it works great. The feature is explicitly designed to run in a garage: it won't start the engine. If that garage is locked, the option not to also lock the van would be nice.

New rear view mirror
New hud and nigh vision
New massage seats function for driver and passenger
New lane centring and lane hold
New self driving autonomous features
New Mcintosh audio system
New lockable lower safe for valuables

All these features are currently available for order on grand Cherokee L , Wagoneer and grand Wagoneer.
This is what I was going to say: Bring all the features of the Grand Wagoneer down. If that is too much, then the Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve features. I have a Summit Reserve on order due to all of the tech and features available!

Our 2012 Odyssey had a feature where if you held down the unlock button on your Key Fob, all the windows would go down and sunroof opened. That feature is just about the only feature I miss.

oh yeah this, and maybe an infotainment system that doesn’t freeze frequently

Our 2012 Odyssey had a feature where if you held down the unlock button on your Key Fob, all the windows would go down and sunroof opened. That feature is just about the only feature I miss.

oh yeah this, and maybe an infotainment system that doesn’t freeze frequently
My 2011 Dodge Caravan had this window down from fob feature. It did come in handy on really hot days to help let out some of the hot air before getting in.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.