2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my 2021 Pacifica hybrid. But there are some features that I wish it had, that seem solvable with a software update:
1. 360 surround camera - customize the delay in turning off after Reverse.
When you put the car in reverse, it turns on the surround camera, and then when you put it back in D, there’s a 10 second delay before the camera turns off. I wish you could either customize the length of this delay so that it stays on longer, or just set it to not turn off (unless you go faster than 8mph). I do a 3 point turn in my small driveway and need to park as close as possible to the garage door. 10 seconds is not quite enough to do this, so I’m having to turn the camera on again after it turns off and it’s a bit annoying.
2. Customize the length of the turn signal when half pressed.
Right now when you half press the turn signal stalk, it signals 3 times and stops. My previous car (sonata plug in hybrid) let me select between 3, 5, or 7 blinks.
3. Rear cross path detection alert is not prominent.
Right now if you put it in R, and a car approaches, you get a rear cross traffic alert in the form of a beep and a side mirror light. It would be better if they displayed something on the 10 inch screen as well because you’re probably looking at the camera.

Do you guys agree? What else can you guys think of?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I think point 1 is def valid but signal length is kind of neutral in terms of dictating signal exposure to traffic . I must say thou , if your backing up and looking at the screen and not at the surroundings your only asking for trouble . Only wish list I have is the new digital rear view mirror . I honestly can’t remember last time I backed up anywhere and just looked at camera and not mirrors or thru the windows .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wishes for the PacHy:
  • double+ size battery
  • Level 3 charging
  • OEM tow package
  • more confidence inspiring roof rack or at least some fitting aftermarket cross bars

·
Registered
217 Posts
Height adjustable air suspension, off road version, Hellcat performance version.😊

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited - Velvet Red
54 Posts
  • Hybrid AWD
  • More juice on the battery/less troublesome batteries
  • third row entertainment
  • maybe seat three in front? :)

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with Advanced Tech
6 Posts
Hybrid AWD for ski trips and Factory Installed Hitch for bike rack.

Reactions: avaughs

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
I have a few things.

1) More granular control over how stop/start works. More specifically, the ability to set the delay time between when the vehicle comes to a stop and when the engine is shut off.

2) The ability to manually shift gears. Paddle shifters would probably be the most practical way to implement this.

3) More control over how music files are sorted on the USB drive. I hate that there's a difference between how the files are sorted/listed depending on if you manually select a file/song or if you use voice command to choose a song. If you manually navigate to a file, all the songs in the folder are listed in alphabetical order by file name and play in that order. However, if you use voice command to choose a song, all of the songs on the entire drive are listed and sorted in alphabetical order by song title. They play in the order they are listed. I keep music with explicit lyrics in separate folders for listening to when the kids aren't in the van. However, when using voice command they're automatically thrown in the playllist because of this, so you can see why this is a problem. :)

4) Parametric equalizer. The ability to adjust the center frequency and Q of each band would be nice. Having more than three bands would be nice too.

5) The ability to disable active noise cancelling in the audio settings menu.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ability to loop record video from front and rear camera directly t o USB drive. This should be a 'easy' software hack
Tesla has been doing this for a long time

Reactions: chalouder

·
Registered
133 Posts
Surround camera on below a certain speed
HUD with speed limit display (my CX-5 had this and it was great)
Auto brake - press hard on the brake when stopped and the vehicle holds the brakes until you hit the gas. My CX-5 also had this and it was great when you needed to grab something while stopped.
Ability to enable front DC outlet to be on all the time.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Higher res rear entertainment. Power third row on Pachy. HUD. All digital display? Paddle shifter for down hill. Smarter self steering.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
469 Posts
LED turn signals.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
186 Posts
1 - Height adj air suspension for AWD models - 3 easy settings -
*Normal : never move it, if you don't want to.
*High position : for more ground clearance - but would drop back to normal if you get above 40 mph or something.
*Low position : for better mpg at freeway speeds and less body roll in higher speed curves - but would go back to normal when dropping below 40 or something.

2 - Sport suspension setting - the normal suspension is too soft and bouncy IMO.

3 - A normal roof rack as an option. Maybe make both roof racks optional on all models. Then have regular roof rails as an option, and the current (non-versatile) rack as an option.

4 - Paddle shifters to allow choosing what gear you want (within a safe range).

5 - A "Snow Mode" for the transmission. So that you'd leave from a stop in 2nd or 3rd gear, to decrease torque (or power)... to decrease wheel spin in very slippery conditions.

6 - A setting to keep the 360 cams going, when in R or D... and they'd stay on, as you shift back and forth (below a certain speed).

7 - Much better incandescent lighting for the interior (like older vans had)... the LED interior lighting is poor.

8 - An optional center console available on all models, that is easily removable (like 10 years ago).

9 - Change the ESS (or auto stop-start system) so you can set how many seconds before it activates. AND redo how the 2 batteries are wired and include stronger batteries, so that the "big issues with dead batteries" decreases.

10 - I want something different regarding the key fob, but not sure how to say it. For example, I want the ability to leave the key fob in the van, lock the van, but take a 2nd key (a basic key) for the front door with me. Then when I return, I unlock the front door with the simple key, and start the van and drive away (cause the key fob is still inside).

11 - And "AWD Lock" button to lock the center differential. I don't know a lot about this, my last 2 AWD vans didn't have it, but many cars have had it for years, so probably a good idea.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A flat rear floor, like the old Caravan had.
Agreed, I'd add this one to my list too!

But probably never happen... it'd take a full re-design.

Anyway, I dislike the - wavy, tiered, sloping, cargo floor (when all the seats are stowed)... and the big steel brackets, that are left sticking up.

To have a flat cargo floor, like all previous Chrysler product minivans, is VERY desirable!

I'm sure they got it as close to flat as they could. Certainly a big challenge to have room for - stow n go seats, a big cargo area, and under floor room for the gas tank, exhaust system, suspension, AWD system... and still have a minimum left over for ground clearance.

But still, with more clever engineering, get an inch here or there... raise the roofline an inch... maybe, someday, a flat cargo floor again :)

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
187 Posts
You could use a sheet of plywood to flatten the floor. There are little little feet molded into the sides to support the plywood.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You could use a sheet of plywood to flatten the floor. There are little little feet molded into the sides to support the plywood.
Yes, good tip, thanks, I knew about those little "supports" molded into the plastic walls, at the lower corners, at the lift-gate opening.

Putting 4x8 plywood in, would "smooth out" the floor, and kinda straighten it from side to side. And would also cover the metal brackets (for locking down the rear bench seat) that slightly protrude.
BUT - it wouldn't really give you a "flat and level floor"... it would still slope down to the back of the 1st row seats.
And... putting a sheet of 5/8" plywood in there "temporarily, whenever I want it, in & out" would be tough on my crappy old shoulders :)

It is a great idea however, for more long-term time periods. And you could build supports under it, near the 1st row seats, to level it and really make it a flat floor!
But that's more work than most would want... who would just like to have a flat floor.

Personally I'm going to be carrying more cargo (bits and pieces of all different sizes of recreational gear)... than people. But there's plenty of times, that I want a seat or two "up". So moving plywood in & out is more hassle than it's worth (to me).

And I'll also be carrying wet windsurf gear and wet ski gear back there. And that water will end up pooling at the low spot behind the 1st row. Actually it'll end up in a big pool, in the 2nd row SnG seat wells :(
But with a flat level floor, the water stays mostly wherever it dripped off. Small amounts, here or there, that I can easily soak up with a towel or 2. And that's much better than ending up with a soaking wet pool at a "low spot".

I owned 2nd and 4th generation Chrysler vans, neither had SnG seats.
But I think the 5th gen vans still had a mostly flat level floor when you stowed the seats. Therefore water dripping off gear, while driving 4 hours home from an adventure, would mostly stay where it dripped. But with the 6th gen vans (Pacificas) and the sloping floor, the long gear will slope towards the 1st row seats, and all the water will end up there :(

Anyway there are lots of people who sometimes carry cargo that would really like a flat and level floor both side to side and front to rear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with another respondent, a truly off-road capable Pacifica would be killer. It's not like FCA doesn’t have the ways and means to make this happen with all of the off-road worthy vehicle already in their stable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts