2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is bizarre. It started randomly and now is more frequent.

The doors unlock as I walk away!

My sequence:
- stop the van
- push the button to stop
- Undo seat belt
- open door
- press the door lock button on the door
- close the door (far from the handle)
- start to walk away as I hear the locks open (see the inside handle red to verify)

- I have tried to press the outside handle button, but it just unlocks again
- I have made sure the FOB is not in the same pocket as my phone.
- I have had this with both FOBs

It's like either it thinks I left the FOB in the van or it thinks it senses my hand near the handle to unlock.

Van is 2 years old and over 36,000 miles so out of warranty. Changing the FOB batteries is cheap and easy but also wanted to get all y'alls ideas and suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Did you buy it used? What I'm thinking here is that there is a third fob lost under a seat or somewhere inside the van. Do you have the original Monroney label? Was there the optional safety fob?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Let the dealer fix it. Could be the lock radio receiver controller is broken.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Does any message pop up on the instrument console while it is doing the unlock thing. I know it’ll be hard to see inside after you lock the car, but try with someone inside (adult of course) the car when you lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
920 Posts
Does any message pop up on the instrument console while it is doing the unlock thing. I know it’ll be hard to see inside after you lock the car, but try with someone inside (adult of course) the car when you lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An interesting idea, but if the person is in a seat in the van that could change the input to the computer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you wanted something cheap and easy to try I would suggest disconnecting the 12v battery for some time then reconnecting it. No guaranteeing it would work, but worth a shot with these strange computer issues.

To me it seems as though it's behaving like one of the door handle touch sensors or unlock buttons is faulty, if it's unlocking itself while you're still in range with the key.

Just a wild guess though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try depressing the lock button three times as you exit. I think that this is the procedure to lock the car when you know there is a key being left in the vehicle. Check the user's manual (I could be wrong!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts