2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spare Tire Panel/Door

For Pacificas without the inside spare tire door or vacuum door, has anyone put the available door inside the Pacifica? Is it difficult to install / can it be put in on your own? I see they are available for about $88.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just came home with a 2017 Pacifica. It was equipped with the vacuum. I was easily able to store the spare tire and Jack tool in the drivers side stow n go section. The floor does not stick up at all. Put the jack right side up in the recessed area by the door. As far back as you can get it. Then put the tire in the main area and push down. Not sure why it didn't fit for other poster, but it fit easily.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's awesome. Guess I should have tried harder! I was hesitant to push too hard, since it was their first Limited on the dealer's lot and I tend to break things if I push too hard, but I felt like I applied more than a reasonable amount of pressure to the floor cover.

I've read in two different places that it fits fine, so that is great news!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I first tried to close the floor back over it, it wasn't closing. Then I realized you need to fold out the floor cover then close it.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just came home with a 2017 Pacifica. It was equipped with the vacuum. I was easily able to store the spare tire and Jack tool in the drivers side stow n go section. The floor does not stick up at all. Put the jack right side up in the recessed area by the door. As far back as you can get it. Then put the tire in the main area and push down. Not sure why it didn't fit for other poster, but it fit easily.
That's great news, thanks! Can you keep the jack in it's Styrofoam spot within the wheel or would that make it stick up too far? I assume it would fit the same on the passenger side as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's great news, thanks! Can you keep the jack in it's Styrofoam spot within the wheel or would that make it stick up too far? I assume it would fit the same on the passenger side as well?
When I got the tire kit the jack wasn't in the Styrofoam section and I don't think it would fit. The jack was just in the box on its own. It fits just fine in the recessed area of the stow n go section. As for the passenger side, I would assume it would fit but I did not try.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's awesome. Guess I should have tried harder! ...
I've read in two different places that it fits fine, so that is great news!

Actually, I was excited enough from your original success story that I ordered one feeling I could totally live with a slightly raised lid. The additional information is certainly icing on the cake though.

This is exactly why I join forums!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thank you! Might order with vacuum and buy spare separately.
My spare is on order. Knowing it will fit in the stowbucket makes the decision to get the vacuum easier. For day to day local driving my wife doesn't need a spare because she will just call me first then roadside assistance, but very glad I can throw one in for vacations to the boonies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my spare and it easily fit in the passenger well along with the styrofoam insert and jack. No rattling or squeaking that the wife has complained of. You just have to move the front seat all the way forward to get enough access to slide the wheel in there. I feel much better now having a spare tire. Just wish I didn't have to spend $320 to get it....

·
Registered
5 Posts
spare tire storage

The spare will fit comfortably in the storage area behind front seats,just put mine there and no problems

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those of you that don't have the factory installed spare tire. What's in the drivers side rear pillar for those that don't have a vacuum?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great to hear that a spare tire fits in the stow-n-go wells. Is this the same spare tire linked to in the second post in this thread?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 72 Posts