2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover your Jeep Wrangler with Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection.
Buy Direct and Save https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd recommend two things:
  1. When you create a new topic and are polling people you should use the poll functionality at the time of posting.
  2. You should clearly state your interest is commercial of you are advertising or working for the companies offering the insurance.
I'm only interested in what is covered and not the duration of coverage that may not cover what's costly and important (hint: hybrids)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would buy it. I would have bought it instead of the 8/125000 had it been available.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Was disappointed to discover that it had been discontinued. Would absolutely buy it if available again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with the 7 year unlimited mileage. Given the way I drive that should be about 175-225k miles. Probably be ready for a new car by that time anyway. Free repairs or not, having to constantly go to the dealer for repairs gets old.

I remember there was a catch in one manufactures "lifetime" warranty where they could buy the vehicle from you rather than continue to fix it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went with the 7 year unlimited mileage. Given the way I drive that should be about 175-225k miles. Probably be ready for a new car by that time anyway. Free repairs or not, having to constantly go to the dealer for repairs gets old.

I remember there was a catch in one manufactures "lifetime" warranty where they could buy the vehicle from you rather than continue to fix it.
Yes, at the point where the market value of the vehicle is less than the value of the repairs. At that point, the claim would pay out the value of the vehicle and the policy would be terminated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would buy it. I would have bought it instead of the 8/125000 had it been available.
Thank you for your feedback :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
21 Posts
Running the numbers from my 2010 T&C and what I actually paid in repairs (really, not that many all things considered, and only 3 or 4 that might have actually been covered by anything other than Max Care), the 7 and 8 year plans just aren't worth the cost. Yeah, the radio could be exorbitantly expensive to replace, but I've got a 2015 Journey that the radio and all associated components are still working the same as they did when I drove it off the lot.

I did get a lifetime Added Care+ warranty on it, because it covered all the things that I can't/don't want to deal with myself. The key there being "lifetime." My T&C lasted 8 years with us (9 years total in service) before it developed a leaking rear cylinder head due to the mind numbingly stupid combination of plastic heater return hoses directly above an inadequately shielded exhaust manifold - the y-connector failed and blew coolant all over everything, which allowed the cylinder head to overheat just enough to warp. It was leaking maybe half a cup a month of coolant onto the exterior of the block, but that's enough for me to A) not want to drive it more than I needed to, and B) get rid of it due to lack of remaining value versus the cost of the required repair. Doing that repair the right way is beyond my skill set, and far out of my budget.

But that failure was 9 years and 147,000 miles after the in-service date. No current Chrysler factory plan would have covered it. So what's the point?

Bring back the lifetime plan (even if it were just the powertrain), and I will be first in line to buy it. Without lifetime coverage, I'm not even marginally interested.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I got the lifetime ($100 deduct) + the 7 yr road hazard wheel/tire back in Apr 2018 for $2800. obviously havent had to use it yet but having never owned a FCA car before and hearing horror stories, I felt I had no choice.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
They are not buying the car from you. They will simply pay you the market value of car and the policy will be terminated. You still own the “broken vehicle “ and can do whatever you want with it. May be use it for demolition derby :D.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Running the numbers from my 2010 T&C and what I actually paid in repairs (really, not that many all things considered, and only 3 or 4 that might have actually been covered by anything other than Max Care), the 7 and 8 year plans just aren't worth the cost. Yeah, the radio could be exorbitantly expensive to replace, but I've got a 2015 Journey that the radio and all associated components are still working the same as they did when I drove it off the lot.

I did get a lifetime Added Care+ warranty on it, because it covered all the things that I can't/don't want to deal with myself. The key there being "lifetime." My T&C lasted 8 years with us (9 years total in service) before it developed a leaking rear cylinder head due to the mind numbingly stupid combination of plastic heater return hoses directly above an inadequately shielded exhaust manifold - the y-connector failed and blew coolant all over everything, which allowed the cylinder head to overheat just enough to warp. It was leaking maybe half a cup a month of coolant onto the exterior of the block, but that's enough for me to A) not want to drive it more than I needed to, and B) get rid of it due to lack of remaining value versus the cost of the required repair. Doing that repair the right way is beyond my skill set, and far out of my budget.

But that failure was 9 years and 147,000 miles after the in-service date. No current Chrysler factory plan would have covered it. So what's the point?

Bring back the lifetime plan (even if it were just the powertrain), and I will be first in line to buy it. Without lifetime coverage, I'm not even marginally interested.

Good Feedback(y)(y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover your Chrysler Pacifica with Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

This is good feedback!! Hopefully the higher up will listen!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica with Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

This is great feed back. I understand that extended warranties are not for everyone, That is why they are optional.
this post was created to give the people that do prefer a extended warranty and people that would like to see this warranty return a place to voice that opinion and possibly be herd. So thank you for your feed back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for your feed back. My goal is not to offend anyone or give bases for any type of argument.
So I apologize if this is not a topic you wish to see.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for your feed back. My goal is not to offend anyone or give bases for any type of argument.
So I apologize if this is not a topic you wish to see.
You didn't really answer the question. You don't seem to be contributing to the community. Do you have an agreement to market your products on this forum?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts