2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You didn't really answer the question. You don't seem to be contributing to the community. Do you have an agreement to market your products on this forum?
Sorry, I think the value being brought to this forum is in the answers to the to question in the topic.
These types of forums are watched by the manufacturers and watched by Mopar.
This is a well established forum with lots of different topics. I hope this is enough answer as I am trying to keep this steered towards the topic.
Please be respectful of this and keep any off subject questions to a personal message.

Thank You

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica With A Factory Backed Chrysler Extended Warranty.
Buy Direct And Save https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did buy the lifetime warranty before it was discontinued. Most of the issues with my 2002 Town & Country occurred after it passed the 10 year mark... but I had other reasons not to replace it at that time, and then held out for the hybrid to become available. I'm not sure I'd have purchased an extended warranty once it was discontinued.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, I think the value being brought to this forum is in the answers to the to question in the topic.
These types of forums are watched by the manufacturers and watched by Mopar.
This is a well established forum with lots of different topics. I hope this is enough answer as I am trying to keep this steered towards the topic.
Please be respectful of this and keep any off subject questions to a personal message.

Thank You

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only Cover Your Chrysler Pacifica With A Factory Backed Chrysler Extended Warranty.
Buy Direct And Save https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/
So no, that response is NOT acceptable. If you are a shill for Mopar or Chrysler- YOU NEED TO DISCLOSE THAT. PERIOD.

But its obvious you have no intention of disclosing who you work for and why you are asking this question.

Its my understanding that part of the forum rules are you must disclose your business association. The fact that you won't says more about YOU than you realize.

Shill poster, shill thread.

And if you can post this malarkey, then I can respond as this is absolutely on topic. So please respect that... LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
You didn't really answer the question. You don't seem to be contributing to the community. Do you have an agreement to market your products on this forum?
Thanks for calling this poster out. He's 100% a shill. I haven't posted in months but logged in just to point this out and support your inquiry.

His responses are so guarded and cryptic its pathetic.

People, don't respond to this guy until he discloses his REAL motives...

·
Registered
90 Posts
CONFIRMED- Chrysler shill-

Business Manager at Gaddis Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram

Look up his Linkedin...

Go away shill- or be more transparent in your market research....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Being honest and upfront about things sure makes a difference. This guy isn't. Is that a person anyone would want to do business with?
LOL! But he is a car salesman...and even worse- management of car sales people... The king shill LOL!

I'm always amazed when people think nobody is paying attention- he just killed any business he would get from this site... And I SERIOUSLY hope NOBODY responds to him from here on- he deserves to go away... Misrepresent yourself somewhere else.

You can't hide these days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
LOL! But he is a car salesman...and even worse- management of car sales people... The king shill LOL!

I'm always amazed when people think nobody is paying attention- he just killed any business he would get from this site... And I SERIOUSLY hope NOBODY responds to him from here on- he deserves to go away... Misrepresent yourself somewhere else.

You can't hide these days.
I am again apologizing, I feel if you are not interested in a post you should move on. But you must of been personally offended some how.
I apologize to have upset you so much to invoked you to use so much energy in anger and frustration. God bless you an I truly wish you peace.
I also think my motive and representation is clear in my signatures. I am not trying to pretend that I do not sell Mopar warranties at a highly discounted price at
https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/ This is not an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others. which is a Shill by definition.

Again God Bless
Sam Combs

·
Registered
459 Posts
You haven’t been honest and forthright, Sam. It’s pretty simple to disclose who you are and your purpose. You’ve not chosen to do that during your time here. You’ve earned your reputation.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Running the numbers from my 2010 T&C and what I actually paid in repairs (really, not that many all things considered, and only 3 or 4 that might have actually been covered by anything other than Max Care), the 7 and 8 year plans just aren't worth the cost. Yeah, the radio could be exorbitantly expensive to replace, but I've got a 2015 Journey that the radio and all associated components are still working the same as they did when I drove it off the lot.

I did get a lifetime Added Care+ warranty on it, because it covered all the things that I can't/don't want to deal with myself. The key there being "lifetime." My T&C lasted 8 years with us (9 years total in service) before it developed a leaking rear cylinder head due to the mind numbingly stupid combination of plastic heater return hoses directly above an inadequately shielded exhaust manifold - the y-connector failed and blew coolant all over everything, which allowed the cylinder head to overheat just enough to warp. It was leaking maybe half a cup a month of coolant onto the exterior of the block, but that's enough for me to A) not want to drive it more than I needed to, and B) get rid of it due to lack of remaining value versus the cost of the required repair. Doing that repair the right way is beyond my skill set, and far out of my budget.

But that failure was 9 years and 147,000 miles after the in-service date. No current Chrysler factory plan would have covered it. So what's the point?

Bring back the lifetime plan (even if it were just the powertrain), and I will be first in line to buy it. Without lifetime coverage, I'm not even marginally interested.
At Kunes Country Chrysler in Woodstock, IL.... they provide a lifetime power-train warranty with all new vehicles. I am researching if it covers the labor also (the website doesn't say). The hitch is that it only can be worked on at that dealership as far as I can tell. I suspect it is treated like the 2008 Chrysler power-train warranty (and when the vehicle's worth/value drops below $5k... that you get bought out as well).

Reactions: samcombs77

·
Registered
459 Posts
I suspect it is treated like the 2008 Chrysler power-train warranty (and when the vehicle's worth/value drops below $5k... that you get bought out as well).
No, the lifetime power train warranty that was by Chrysler isn’t like what you’re looking at. The Chrysler warranty didn’t require services to be done at any specific dealer, or any dealer at all. The only requirement was an inspection every five years. The plan didn’t have a set dollar amount for lapsing, but rather that when a repair exceeded the value of the vehicle it would end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
At Kunes Country Chrysler in Woodstock, IL.... they provide a lifetime power-train warranty with all new vehicles. I am researching if it covers the labor also (the website doesn't say). The hitch is that it only can be worked on at that dealership as far as I can tell. I suspect it is treated like the 2008 Chrysler power-train warranty (and when the vehicle's worth/value drops below $5k... that you get bought out as well).
These warranties are generally provided by a third party warranty company to the dealer at a extremely cheap price.
This is usually used as an advertising gimmick.
The company usually gets out of paying many claims because of the strict rules you must follow to keep the warranty intact.
Not saying there is no value in this type of plan.
I have also seen cases where customers have followed all the rules and used this type of warranty, just be aware of all the rules going in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I follow maintenance requirements to the letter (spelled out in the Chrysler manual) for the lifetime of the vehicle.... and their reviews are actually positive regarding warranty work - so I am not that worried. I don't go by the dealer schedule of services (which are always filled with fluff/unnecessary work at higher cost), I go by what Chrysler requires in their manual. My 2013 200 is now at 105k, and I recently used my warranty there (they asked if I had a record of the maintenance, which I then provided). The repair went flawlessly & at no cost to me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I follow maintenance requirements to the letter (spelled out in the Chrysler manual) for the lifetime of the vehicle.... and their reviews are actually positive regarding warranty work - so I am not that worried. I don't go by the dealer schedule of services (which are always filled with fluff/unnecessary work at higher cost), I go by what Chrysler requires in their manual. My 2013 200 is now at 105k, and I recently used my warranty there (they asked if I had a record of the maintenance, which I then provided). The repair went flawlessly & at no cost to me.
You’re missing the important part here. The power train lifetime warranty that you value isn’t what you think it is. Read it carefully before your purchase. It’s going to require you to do every service at that unethical dealership. It’s designed to make you feel obligated to having your services performed at their inflated prices. It also gives them an out. When you come in at 9 years to get the transmission replaced, they’ll happily tell you that your warranty is void because you missed a radiator flush by 1,500 miles six years ago.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You’re missing the important part here. The power train lifetime warranty that you value isn’t what you think it is. Read it carefully before your purchase. It’s going to require you to do every service at that unethical dealership. It’s designed to make you feel obligated to having your services performed at their inflated prices. It also gives them an out. When you come in at 9 years to get the transmission replaced, they’ll happily tell you that your warranty is void because you missed a radiator flush by 1,500 miles six years ago.
It is absolutely the value I think it is. I do have it in writing now, I can have the maintenance done at any dealership during the length of my ownership (but I can only go to the chain of dealerships they are a member of to get the work done during the power train warranty period - unless I am out of the area - in which a call is made first by the dealer I am towed to... to get authorization). Got it in black & white.

By the way, I have never had a warranty repair refused in the past 15 years... and never have had to battle for a repair (especially at this dealership). I come in with my three ring binder of receipts. The service people at this dealership know me from my previous maintenance done by them (even tho they were bought out, they remain having a good reputation... because they sell a ton of trucks & the farmers/contractors in the area would not give them their business still if they were..... crooks).

Reactions: samcombs77

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yup, there’s certainly no way you’ll get screwed on this. They’ll take your shirt, your pants, and your shoes, but that’s all.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts