2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Knowing what you all know now about your vehicles would you buy another one/2022?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
Our van is going to be totaled after a 5-10mph collision where the airbags didnt go off because the hybrid system inverter somehow failed and Chrysler isnt making them available. A 2020 being totaled because the manufacturer no longer can supply a part is insane. Have had two Rams and now this van, was planning on buying another Ram in a year or two but I think I am going to give another brand a chance.
That doesn’t sound legal. I’m pretty sure there are laws covering parts availability for vehicles in warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
970 Posts
That doesn’t sound legal. I’m pretty sure there are laws covering parts availability for vehicles in warranty.
I can't speak to the legality or the automotive industry. But, I can tell you I worked for a company that made pumps. When there is a parts shortage spare parts orders were ignored so new pumps could continue to be built. They would rather put the part in a new pump than sell the part separately. My theory was if I can't service it after I might be looking at other brands. But what do I know.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
I can't speak to the legality or the automotive industry. But, I can tell you I worked for a company that made pumps. When there is a parts shortage spare parts orders were ignored so new pumps could continue to be built. They would rather put the part in a new pump than sell the part separately. My theory was if I can't service it after I might be looking at other brands. But what do I know.
I know there are laws in the automotive industry that set minimum parts availability times. Like so many years from manufacture. I don't know how they relate to the current shortage. And you'd probably have to get lawyers involved. Or maybe they should just call Chrysler themselves. That seemed to work pretty well in the days of the ECH problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know there are laws in the automotive industry that set minimum parts availability times. Like so many years from manufacture. I don't know how they relate to the current shortage. And you'd probably have to get lawyers involved. Or maybe they should just call Chrysler themselves. That seemed to work pretty well in the days of the ECH problems.
I think the minimum time they must make parts available is actually even longer than most power train warranties.
We are so high up the chain with Chrysler by now it's not even funny.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts