2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally spoke to the rep (after a week of a full voicemail box) to confirm her receipt of submitted reimbursement rental bills and her sending gift card. She stated policy had changed it’s now either the gift card or rental reimbursement. For anyone receiving both, add your voice, I complained as loudly as possible. Her rationale from her supervisor was now that a resolution is close, they only want to continue with the choice of either. The best I could get out of her re the fix at this time is that it has to do with the battery (duh) and still 2 to 3 mos away from implementation. I hope in the business classes of the future, this case will be textbook about how not to satisfy your customer, end brand loyalty and end that models shelf life. 7 months and counting…

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
This was not the first , nor will this be the last either in the grand scope of things . The real issue is that manufacturers, dealers , all know that brand loyalty isn’t existent today and everybody only wants to get as much as they can get in the moment .

·
Registered
96 Posts
The reason they are last is you can’t have brand loyalty without nameplates to keep you in the brand .
Nameplates? Nameplates don't have anything to do with it, you are delusional mate. Dodge has tons of nameplates and are second to last? No correlation there either, huh? Minivan buyers are the second most loyal to their segment behind only full size truck buyers. Chrysler is in a market with only 2 real competitors, Odyssey and Sienna. Somehow Chrysler owners only want to replace their Chrysler vehicles with another Chrysler less than 15% of the time when the nearest competitor is more than 50% and you think it is because they don't have enough models?

Ram is at 57% and they have 1 nameplate, its called a big f*****g truck. Nameplates don't have any correlation here.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Yes nameplatrs , when I walk into Jeep I can choose between 10 vehicles. , trims , etc . When I walk into Chrysler I walk into Pacifica , 300 , know what your talking about before spewing nonsense. When you have 2 products of course your index is going to be low , it’s know industry wide. The wider the scope of the segments you cover the easier it is to keep your fan base with n your family of vehicles .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes nameplatrs , when I walk into Jeep I can choose between 10 vehicles. , trims , etc . When I walk into Chrysler I walk into Pacifica , 300 , know what your talking about before spewing nonsense. When you have 2 products of course your index is going to be low , it’s know industry wide. The wider the scope of the segments you cover the easier it is to keep your fan base with n your family of vehicles .
Spewing nonsense? Aren't you the same idiot that said just yesterday that you don't listen to what people on this forum say because we don't have smoke or CO2 detectors in our homes? And you think I am spewing nonsense?

Ram has 1 model. They are at 57%. Chevy and Nissan cover all vehicle segments (essentially) and have tons of nameplates. They are both in the 40%'s.

Subaru only has a handful of models and doesn't have any offerings in trucks or large SUV's (the 2 fastest growing vehicle segments out there for retail buyers) but somehow they are on the top of the list. If what you were saying was true then clearly Nissan and GM would have to be on the top of the list or at least have a major advantage because they cover every vehicle segment except they aren't at the top, not even close.

People who own minivans are more likely to replace their vehicle with another minivan than any other vehicle segment except full size truck owners. People want to buy the same thing that they are already comfortable with unless you give them a reason not to. Clearly people don't want to replace a Chrysler with another Chrysler because they don't have other models that they wouldn't be interested in buying anyways. It obviously has nothing to do with this:

Automotive parking light Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Or this:

Slope Parallel Font Diagram Electric blue

Or this:

Slope Parallel Font Terrestrial plant Diagram

Or this:

Font Number Circle

Or maybe you have a problem with JD Power, lets try consumer reports instead. Quoted from their 2022 reports (the bolding for emphasis is added):

"In the minivan segment, Consumer Reports reviewed four different models. These include the Chrysler Pacifica, Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, and Kia Carnival. The top three models all have the same or very similar overall scores. Besides the Pacifica, you really can’t go wrong with each of these models. However, after the top three minivans, ranked from 78 to 79 out of 100, there’s Chrysler’s offering. CR gave the 2022 Chrysler Pacifica a 57 overall, putting it in last place by far. Why is the Pacifica the worst minivan?

Firstly, Consumer Reports gave the 2022 Chrysler Pacifica an abysmal 1 out of 5 rating for predicted reliability. Predicted reliability is based on previous model years, which are nearly identical to the current model. Pacifica owners have experienced transmission, drive system, power equipment, electronics, and even some engine problems in the last four years alone. As a result, most wouldn’t repurchase the model, and the predicted reliability is inferior.

Reliability is instantly a reason to buy or refrain from purchasing any vehicle. In the minivan segment, none are exceptionally reliable. However, each of the three other models is more reliable than Chrysler’s offering. For example, the top-ranked Kia Carnival is brand new for 2022, so the reliability is unknown. However, using Kia’s past reliability with other similarly-sized models, CR gave it a 3 out of 5 for predicted reliability."

Or, how about we take an index of reported problems to the NHTSA per vehicle sold during 2021:

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Parallel

What is known industry wide is that producing a sub par product without selling at a reduced cost equals unhappy customers. Selling a product at a premium price, without premium quality, reliability or service when there are other options out there will result in you losing customers. One of the best indicators of the perceived value of these vehicles is lease residuals. They are one of the best predictors of future resale value in the industry and they are very good at what they do. After 36 months and 36,000 miles here is how the competition stands up:

$54,200 Toyota Sienna will retain 59% of its value
$53,600 Honda Odyssey will retain 63% of its value
$59,500 Pacifica Hybrid will retain 47% of its value

Even after paying at least $5,000 more for your vehicle after 3 years and 36,000 miles your vehicle will be worth less than the competitors by at least $4,000. Even if you qualify for the full $7,500 tax rebate in the United States you still come out behind by more than $2,000 and on average will experience far more problems during that time frame and have less satisfaction with the vehicle than either one of the competitors.

That is why Chrysler is dead last. Chrysler ruined their nameplate by producing subpar products that they refuse to stand behind and tried to charge a premium price for it.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Interesting as ram has more than one model , but what do I know as I’m a moron . Maybe get your facts straight before you spew some misinformation . Pacifica uses one body and ram uses how many body in whites ? . But hey , if I had your depth of knowledge and wisdom I’d be a ceo of manufacturing for stellantis or a multinational dealership . And funny part about your response is that you must be one of the elite who paid overinflated price for a Pacifica , but I guess you know about overpriced subpar vehicles when you bought one , just saying . And maybe dig a bit about consumer loyalty, key factors that measure these variables , how surveys and data are administered and interpreted But chalk one up to brand loyalty and subpar products , because you fit right into that demographic . Enjoy your purchase and thanks for keeping stellantis a multi billion a dollar corporation.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Finally spoke to the rep (after a week of a full voicemail box) to confirm her receipt of submitted reimbursement rental bills and her sending gift card. She stated policy had changed it’s now either the gift card or rental reimbursement. For anyone receiving both, add your voice, I complained as loudly as possible. Her rationale from her supervisor was now that a resolution is close, they only want to continue with the choice of either. The best I could get out of her re the fix at this time is that it has to do with the battery (duh) and still 2 to 3 mos away from implementation. I hope in the business classes of the future, this case will be textbook about how not to satisfy your customer, end brand loyalty and end that models shelf life. 7 months and counting…
Hello, this information is incorrect. You are able to get both a loaner and a gift card. We have escalated your case for further review.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting as ram has more than one model , but what do I know as I’m a moron . Maybe get your facts straight before you spew some misinformation . Pacifica uses one body and ram uses how many body in whites ? . But hey , if I had your depth of knowledge and wisdom I’d be a ceo of manufacturing for stellantis or a multinational dealership . And funny part about your response is that you must be one of the elite who paid overinflated price for a Pacifica , but I guess you know about overpriced subpar vehicles when you bought one , just saying . And maybe dig a bit about consumer loyalty, key factors that measure these variables , how surveys and data are administered and interpreted But chalk one up to brand loyalty and subpar products , because you fit right into that demographic . Enjoy your purchase and thanks for keeping stellantis a multi billion a dollar corporation.
Let's be real, Ram has one model that comes in 3 different sizes. Unless you want to group in commercial vehicles but those aren't covered under the survey that you posted the results for so really isn't relevant to the topic at all.

Talk about misinformation, here you go again ignoring the entire premise of what is being talked about when met with facts and switching to making up bull that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

"funny part about your response is that you must be one of the elite who paid overinflated price for a Pacifica". Yeah, you are right, I certainly overpaid for my Pacifica and I paid $4,500 under sticker price when I bought it. I still overpaid. How does it feel to be making one of the only vehicles in America that can't sell over sticker price in this economy? Every one of your competitors is selling for thousands of dollars over MSRP and has waiting lists. People are willing to pay your competitors 10-20% markups over MSRP rather than drive your product. And your lease customers won't buy your vehicles because the residual values are ****.

"I guess you know about overpriced subpar vehicles when you bought one , just saying ." This is the only assumption that you've made that has been accurate. Congratulations.

"And maybe dig a bit about consumer loyalty, key factors that measure these variables , how surveys and data are administered and interpreted But chalk one up to brand loyalty and subpar products , because you fit right into that demographic ." In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a numbers guy, I tear into stuff like this for fun. Please educate us how all of the major companies that measure these things are somehow slanted against Chrylser so bad that it makes you the worst rated mass market manufacturer in nearly every one of their surveys? I brought receipts, you started talking about people not having smoke detectors. If I am wrong then show me, I would love to be educated. The difference is that you come with talking points and I am coming with numbers.

In the mean time what "demographic" is it that I fit right into? Is it the 85% of current Chrysler owners who would not replace my current vehicle with another Chrysler? I certainly fit into that demographic.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey hybrid guy & Swiftd03, we’re in the same boat for better or worse. Both of you guys, I’d say are more Pacifica knowledgeable than most and both of you make valid points. Name calling doesn’t help to elevate the convo.

Remember the intro of the original minivan and that turbine car at the ‘64 NY World’s Fair, remember the Viper, the Prowler and I forget it’s name, the car whose design was a homage to ’30s auto styling and was a sales hit for a few years. I think Chrysler and it’s latter day history of “concept cars” was both innovative and aspirational. I took a flyer for my Pacifica purchase. The early reviews as I recall uniformly praised the car. I was taken with the hybrid aspect of the car and I still think it’s the most esthetically pleasing of all the minivans out there.

What bugs me the most of this debacle is the complete lack of transparency, responsiveness and lack of substantial and periodic substantial communication from Chrysler about the Z11 recall. Seven months and does anybody here know yet what are the possible causes AND possible fixes for this so called recall. Just what has this recall done for the drivers? I’d like to recall my decision, my judgment, my patience, my money to purchase the vehicle. Had this belated effort to offer a rental and it’s reimbursement and a gift card been initiated by tops the second month, maybe that would have put off the recall of my patience. Then my rep tells me going forward it’s either a rental reimbursement or a gift card. I guess it’s a positive that by happenstance I mentioned the choice I was given in this forum and Chrysler Cares instead of an oxymoron does monitor and seemingly cares. Meanwhile one forum member says they weren’t offered gift cards or a rental car. Another says, I got a one time $100 gift card. Then I receive an email during the 6th month of the recall, stating I will be receiving a $200 monthly gift card going forward and acknowledging my inconvenience. Shortly after that, I read in the forum how another member negotiated his gift card up to $300, attaching an image of the communication from Chrysler stating so. Why am I feeling that I along with the thousands of the impacted class; we only get as a one off what we negotiate or what we happen to find out about. Why isn’t there a senior level management person overseeing in my opinion a very serious corporate/customer sat. issue insuring that there is a uniform and fully disseminated response with periodic updates to ALL impacted drivers. My friends are incredulous and shocked when I share the details of the Z11 recall. In my opinion Chrysler’s handling of both the Z11 and the W46 (don’t get me started on that one) has been nothing short of scandalous. Imagine if there was a Z11 segment on 60 Minutes or a front page story in a major newspaper. Just another instance unless you’re the huge elephant in the room you’re dealt with rather than making it right.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey hybrid guy & Swiftd03, we’re in the same boat for better or worse. Both of you guys, I’d say are more Pacifica knowledgeable than most and both of you make valid points. Name calling doesn’t help to elevate the convo.

Remember the intro of the original minivan and that turbine car at the ‘64 NY World’s Fair, remember the Viper, the Prowler and I forget it’s name, the car whose design was a homage to ’30s auto styling and was a sales hit for a few years. I think Chrysler and it’s latter day history of “concept cars” was both innovative and aspirational. I took a flyer for my Pacifica purchase. The early reviews as I recall uniformly praised the car. I was taken with the hybrid aspect of the car and I still think it’s the most esthetically pleasing of all the minivans out there.

What bugs me the most of this debacle is the complete lack of transparency, responsiveness and lack of substantial and periodic substantial communication from Chrysler about the Z11 recall. Seven months and does anybody here know yet what are the possible causes AND possible fixes for this so called recall. Just what has this recall done for the drivers? I’d like to recall my decision, my judgment, my patience, my money to purchase the vehicle. Had this belated effort to offer a rental and it’s reimbursement and a gift card been initiated by tops the second month, maybe that would have put off the recall of my patience. Then my rep tells me going forward it’s either a rental reimbursement or a gift card. I guess it’s a positive that by happenstance I mentioned the choice I was given in this forum and Chrysler Cares instead of an oxymoron does monitor and seemingly cares. Meanwhile one forum member says they weren’t offered gift cards or a rental car. Another says, I got a one time $100 gift card. Then I receive an email during the 6th month of the recall, stating I will be receiving a $200 monthly gift card going forward and acknowledging my inconvenience. Shortly after that, I read in the forum how another member negotiated his gift card up to $300, attaching an image of the communication from Chrysler stating so. Why am I feeling that I along with the thousands of the impacted class; we only get as a one off what we negotiate or what we happen to find out about. Why isn’t there a senior level management person overseeing in my opinion a very serious corporate/customer sat. issue insuring that there is a uniform and fully disseminated response with periodic updates to ALL impacted drivers. My friends are incredulous and shocked when I share the details of the Z11 recall. In my opinion Chrysler’s handling of both the Z11 and the W46 (don’t get me started on that one) has been nothing short of scandalous. Imagine if there was a Z11 segment on 60 Minutes or a front page story in a major newspaper. Just another instance unless you’re the huge elephant in the room you’re dealt with rather than making it right.
My sentiments exactly. Fortunately this whole ordeal has had little impact on me so perhaps I’m a little more patient. Our van has about 40k miles on it and has generally performed quite well. I drive it and charge it as I have since it was new and I have not yet run into any major problems with it. The only two things that I would consider manufacturing defects are the bubble we had in the dash and the heater blend door actuator thingy. Both of those were fixed under warranty. I’ve also started to notice a creaking sound in the rear suspension when I back the car out of the garage and the rear wheels drop off the garage slab to the driveway slab which is maybe an inch lower. I’ve heard some mentions of this on the forum already so maybe I’ll be needing to replace a suspension part in the near future.

·
Registered
2017 PacHY 200,00+ Mile Club
152 Posts
What bugs me the most of this debacle is the complete lack of transparency, responsiveness and lack of substantial and periodic substantial communication from Chrysler about the Z11 recall. Seven months and does anybody here know yet what are the possible causes AND possible fixes for this so called recall.
Yes. Chrysler has stated they will inspect and replace the High Voltage Battery Pack Control Module AND after that assessment replace the battery pack as necessary.

The issue is the supply chain shortage to conduct such a mass scale recall.

A new Z11 recall letter update is expected soon as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts