2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Selling my 2018 Uconnect bundle for anyone interested in a bundle. Traded in the Pacifica is the reason.

You mentioned you had the software updated. How did you get that done?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica
3 Posts
I bought my 2017 Pacifica last spring. I opted to update the software at the dealership and was quickly disappointed with no auto Android and lame navigation. I immediately looked at this thread and finally, one year later, going to take the plunge. Going with infotainment, because lazy. I was also thinking about connecting a toggle to connect through bluetooth instead of using a cable like a caveman. Anyone have luck with these?
Thank you everyone for your intel and research.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok so after reading everything. i think i got this right so...
Year: 2020
Model: Chrysler Pacifica
Conditions: 68316175AB.UAV.UCON 4C.W/8.4"
will work right?
2018 Dodge Chrysler Jeep Multi-Media Radio UAV Uconnect 68307655AE and this?
Bingfu Fakra Z Female to Female Vehicle Antenna Adapter Cable 30cm 12 inch for Car Stereo Android Head Unit GPS Navigation FM AM Radio Sirius XM Satellite Radio 4G LTE TEL Telematics Bluetooth Module
and this cable will work also to hook everything up? and that is all i need? and this will give me android auto? any help appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2017 Limited Brilliant Black Pearl
26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
13 Posts
Now This may be a dumb question But I'll ask anyways.
Can I just get the larger display and keep the older radio?
It would give me the look just not the functionality of the upgraded radio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Selling my 2018 Uconnect bundle for anyone interested in a bundle. Traded in the Pacifica is the reason.

I know it's been two months - but do you still have this for sale?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know how many people are still following this thread. But I thought I would share my 2017 Pacifica upgrade experience.

As suggested on this forum I purchased a 2018 head unit and screen from salvage yards. I also ordered the suggested cable. It did take a long time for the cable to arrive, so if you are planning this project order the cable as soon as you can.

Last, my unit did have a anti-theft lock code pop up. I used this website (CAR RADIO CODES - Online Service: Home) to purchase the 4 digit code for $13. It was sent to me in seconds, I entered it and everything has been working perfectly.

Thank you to everyone who added to this forum. All the detailed instructions and web links were extremely helpful.

·
Registered
2017 Limited Brilliant Black Pearl
26 Posts
Don't know how many people are still following this thread. But I thought I would share my 2017 Pacifica upgrade experience.

As suggested on this forum I purchased a 2018 head unit and screen from salvage yards. I also ordered the suggested cable. It did take a long time for the cable to arrive, so if you are planning this project order the cable as soon as you can.

Last, my unit did have a anti-theft lock code pop up. I used this website (CAR RADIO CODES - Online Service: Home) to purchase the 4 digit code for $13. It was sent to me in seconds, I entered it and everything has been working perfectly.

Thank you to everyone who added to this forum. All the detailed instructions and web links were extremely helpful.
Are you able to use your 4g LTE hotspot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wondering if someone could help. I got a 2019 Uconnect 8.4 that I'm trying to install in my 2017 Pacific. Several of the cords that were attached to the original radio don't have matching ports in the back of the 2019. The part I got looks like it's a combined screen and head unit, but I want to confirm whether I'm missing something. I got it installed today and I'm just waiting on a code. The screen comes on and the touchscreen works so far, but I can't test much more than that without the code. The model number is 68420248AC, which I don't think I've seen posted here. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering if someone could help. I got a 2019 Uconnect 8.4 that I'm trying to install in my 2017 Pacific. Several of the cords that were attached to the original radio don't have matching ports in the back of the 2019. The part I got looks like it's a combined screen and head unit, but I want to confirm whether I'm missing something. I got it installed today and I'm just waiting on a code. The screen comes on and the touchscreen works so far, but I can't test much more than that without the code. The model number is 68420248AC, which I don't think I've seen posted here. Any help would be appreciated!
To me it looks like it is a 7 inch unit not the 8.4. I am not sure if the computer (head unit) is the same or not. You could try it and see if it works. I think a lot of the cord pertain to services like navigation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me it looks like it is a 7 inch unit not the 8.4. I am not sure if the computer (head unit) is the same or not. You could try it and see if it works. I think a lot of the cord pertain to services like navigation.
Thanks for the quick response! Once I get the code, I'll see. It at least fits perfectly into the same space. I really am only looking for Android Auto, so if that works I'll be pleased.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if a unit out of a 2020 will work with a 2017? It seems like there are a LOT less connectors on the back. The part number that I am looking at is : 68428471AC.

Also, if I have an 8.4 inch screen (post 2017), will a computer module from 7'' screen work with the 8.4?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if a unit out of a 2020 will work with a 2017? It seems like there are a LOT less connectors on the back. The part number that I am looking at is : 68428471AC.

Also, if I have an 8.4 inch screen (post 2017), will a computer module from 7'' screen work with the 8.4?
@huskerwookie was right about the part I got, it is a 7 in. screen. It came with the bevel and air vents, so I swapped everything out from my 8.4 with the 7 in. I was able to unlock it today, and everything that I tested works. My original 2017 radio had about 8 cords including the 2 that go directly to the 2017 8.4 screen vs. the 2019 radio that I got only had 4. I haven't gotten to test it out fully to see if there's anything missing, but I'll update once I do. I will say from the time I've briefly used the 7 in that I definitely prefer the 8.4 in screen, the touchscreen is more sensitive than the 7 in screen. I have gotten to play around with the settings to see if there's an option to re-calibrate and whether than works, but it's definitely not the best. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you very much, it really does help. At least that means the unit will work. Now the question, will a 7'' UAV module work with a 8.4'' screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you very much, it really does help. At least that means the unit will work. Now the question, will a 7'' UAV module work with a 8.4'' screen?
For the piece I had there looked like metal clips on the top and bottom that were keeping the screen and module together. I wasn't brave enough to try it, but would definitely love to hear if you have any luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess I'm just going to take a chance and see if it works. It's a really good price so worst case I can just resell it on ebay.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts