2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have a similar clicking noise (like grinding?) when the car is in idle with climate off. The noise is gone when in driving mode or turned off. I am typing this post while waiting for the technician to diagnose. The tech wants to compare my van with other hybrid to see if it is normal. Will update later.
Try pressing the recirc button while its happening.

Sorry guys, I’ve had no luck with this. It seems it needs parts or new software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem Solved Recirculation Actuator

Took our 2108 Pacifica Hybrid into the shop for second time to resolve issue with pumping or ink jet printer noise coming from underneath passenger side dash. First time results were we were told they all do it. We beg to differ but took it home. Two months later we see the post on this forum regarding at the same problem. This time took it in and told them where to look and what might be the problem. Athens Landmark Dodge solved the problem this time!
Here is actual verbiage from repair no charge invoice (under warranty 32000 miles): Customer states their EIS a gear/grinding noise coming from the right side of the dash; servo jitter? Recirculation door.

Duplicated noise, located noise, behind dash, removed under panel and glove box, found recirculation door flutters at half way point.When vehicle shuts off this door should move to the half way of open or closed. It couldn't find the half way point and just sat there and ratcheted back and forth. After performing electrical test to see if the actuator was bad or the control module was the cause, determined the actuator causing the issue. Replaced recirculation actuator to correct. Noise no longer present.

So i hope this helps other folks out there with this problem to get it solved before you vehicle goes out of warranty. So it was the recirculation actuator as described earlier in this string but this is the first post that I am aware of where the problem has been solved. My apologies if already posted elsewhere.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Took our 2108 Pacifica Hybrid into the shop for second time to resolve issue with pumping or ink jet printer noise coming from underneath passenger side dash. First time results were we were told they all do it. We beg to differ but took it home. Two months later we see the post on this forum regarding at the same problem. This time took it in and told them where to look and what might be the problem. Athens Landmark Dodge solved the problem this time!
Here is actual verbiage from repair no charge invoice (under warranty 32000 miles): Customer states their EIS a gear/grinding noise coming from the right side of the dash; servo jitter? Recirculation door.

Duplicated noise, located noise, behind dash, removed under panel and glove box, found recirculation door flutters at half way point.When vehicle shuts off this door should move to the half way of open or closed. It couldn't find the half way point and just sat there and ratcheted back and forth. After performing electrical test to see if the actuator was bad or the control module was the cause, determined the actuator causing the issue. Replaced recirculation actuator to correct. Noise no longer present.

So i hope this helps other folks out there with this problem to get it solved before you vehicle goes out of warranty. So it was the recirculation actuator as described earlier in this string but this is the first post that I am aware of where the problem has been solved. My apologies if already posted elsewhere.
Mine started this today. Mine has nothing to do with charging. Parked in Sams Club parking lot. Went in go what I needed came back out as soon as I opened the driver-side door and closed it, it started making this noise non-stop until I started the car then it stopped. 2100 miles in service start date 07/08/2019

Thanks for posting the info. I have copied and printed this to take to my dealer.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

Excellent news! This should help everyone here. Thank you for following through with the repair.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you for posting your resolution! This noise is absolutely driving me nuts and comes on very often now, I notice it even while driving. Would you mind posting the a picture of the description in your paperwork for the fix so that we could give the exact details of the faulty component that got replaced? Every time I bring this up with my service advisor they spend way too much time writing brief cryptic messages to the service techs on the work order.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for posting resolution. I was going to add that when the noise happens, the air speed coming from the vents pulses in sync with noise. The recirc solution does seem to confirm/ explain all my symptoms. Now I just hope my dealer can fix it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hear something while level 1 charging with the vehicle off. It's cyclical but much quieter than the video in this thread. 151 miles on the odometer. Perhaps a recall is in order.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I just repaired my Recirculated Air door actuator. Turns out the part is around $25 and takes less than 30min to install.

Pn 68164960AA

Empty the content and drop the Glove Box out by releasing the damper snap on the right side, pressing the side tabs inward to release and fold it downward. Release the trim covering the Recirculated air filter with a slight push on the center of the clips (1/8” upward) and release the trim by pulling out the clips. Release the 2 Phillips screws on the lower vent and pop it out. There are two 7/32” screws holding the actuator in place and 1 alignment stud. Release the screws, pop the old actuator out (Be careful not to mix them up by marking it immediately!)

The new one might not go in because the aligment is out, just plug it in, press recirc on the HVAC panel and install it into the holder. Turn off the ignition and re-install everything in reverse. (Retrim)

No coding needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've had the problem for over six months now, very replicable. The "flapping" or "circulating" sound stars immediately when the car is turned off, charging or not. I brought it up during the last recall, and the dealer service rep said that these "hybrids always have something running and it's normal".

When I looked at the repair slip, it mentioned that the tech scanned for codes and there was none, so all good.

I asked what was making the noise if it was normal and he couldn't answer. I was busy so I left, but I'll say what was fast and regular only gets slower and clunkier over time.
Thanks for the diagnosis, now I have something to go back with.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
15 Participants
lubricus
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing