2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nevermind....I managed to replace the actuator. Used a flexible socket extension to get the top screwed loosened.

Thanks again for the help and instructions in this thread!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Replaced mine today. While it is under warranty with 14,000 miles, the price of the part for 16.49 outweighed the risk of COVID exposer at the dealership. Took me 15 minutes to replace the part. Very simple. Only need a 7mm socket to remove the two screws for the floor HVAC duct to get it out of the way, and a 5.5mm socket to remove the two servo screws.

Reactions: DZ1

·
Registered
140 Posts
A sub size 1/4" drive worked for me, but a small arm and wrist helps. You do have to feel for the head as you cannot see it. For reference, in the second picture above, it is the upper left mounting hole that has the blind screw that must be removed. The lower left hole is the one an alignment pin fits into. The other screw that is visible when you are on the floor fits into a hole that is just out of view in the lower right of that second picture.
However, new information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Recall that I did observe split second damped oscillation of the door with the new servo when moving to the center parked position. It has been only a month and I now hear servo hunting again. This time it is a higher frequency, quicker oscillation. I will remove the glove box to see if it is the same recirc door and report back here. If the same problem, I suspect poor electronic driver / mechanical mismatch design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A sub size 1/4" drive worked for me, but a small arm and wrist helps. You do have to feel for the head as you cannot see it. For reference, in the second picture above, it is the upper left mounting hole that has the blind screw that must be removed. The lower left hole is the one an alignment pin fits into. The other screw that is visible when you are on the floor fits into a hole that is just out of view in the lower right of that second picture.
However, new information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Recall that I did observe split second damped oscillation of the door with the new servo when moving to the center parked position. It has been only a month and I now hear servo hunting again. This time it is a higher frequency, quicker oscillation. I will remove the glove box to see if it is the same recirc door and report back here. If the same problem, I suspect poor electronic driver / mechanical mismatch design.
How is your part holding up? Mine has been doing the same thing for the past month. I’m about to order the part. Has anyone tried to disassemble the old part and see if it just needs to be cleaned or something?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
How is your part holding up? Mine has been doing the same thing for the past month. I’m about to order the part. Has anyone tried to disassemble the old part and see if it just needs to be cleaned or something?
Haven't had any problems since replacing mine. The unit is sealed most likely would breaking trying to take it apart. The part is cheap, replace it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haven't had any problems since replacing mine. The unit is sealed most likely would breaking trying to take it apart. The part is cheap, replace it.
Well, I’m not a fan with replacing a defective part with another defective part that’s just going to fail again, but I will do it this time and tinker with the broken one when I get a chance. It would be nice if we could pinpoint when these started to fail, and maybe get a salvaged one off of an older model that is known to be more reliable. I’m also open to using aftermarket knockoffs if the factory part is known to be junk.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well, I’m not a fan with replacing a defective part with another defective part that’s just going to fail again, but I will do it this time and tinker with the broken one when I get a chance. It would be nice if we could pinpoint when these started to fail, and maybe get a salvaged one off of an older model that is known to be more reliable. I’m also open to using aftermarket knockoffs if the factory part is known to be junk.
Why would the replacement part be defective?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why would the replacement part be defective?
I finally got around to installing the salvaged Chrysler one I had ordered off an older car to try to get one from a different batch. It had the same problem. They are all junk. I ordered a Dorman 604-054 and will be installing that. It has a lifetime warranty. Once you have done it and know where the 2 screws are, it only takes a few minutes. It will probably last forever though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you to those that came before me and detailed this issue. I replaced our actuator today and the problem is solved. I did a quick video showing what is happening with a bad actuator, how it functions when it is working properly, as well as what I think is a revision on the parts (I'm thinking code 303 might be a newer revision than 301). Apologies, I did not put much effort into video editing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you to those that came before me and detailed this issue. I replaced our actuator today and the problem is solved. I did a quick video showing what is happening with a bad actuator, how it functions when it is working properly, as well as what I think is a revision on the parts (I'm thinking code 303 might be a newer revision than 301). Apologies, I did not put much effort into video editing...

My van had a 306 that failed. I bought a salvaged 305 on eBay and it had already failed before I bought it. Both would oscillate, even with no load on them when not attached to the door. So I’m not sure if the revision number means they fixed it. I said F it and just put a Dorman at that point. This is one rare situation where I felt aftermarket is probably better. I do hope you get a decent life out of your new part though. Let us know if it ever fails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok add me to list of those who have completed the replacement of this part - completed last night. I was able to get the top screw by feeling for it and using a very short extension to my 1/4 drive socket wrench. If you look at the number on my failed part it has 16456810 on the defective part but that is not the part # the part # is 68164960 AA. Mine was $25.54 out the door at a local dealer for me. Personally I think that Chrysler should mail a $100 check to everyone on here who can prove that they have replaced this obviously defective part or defective design whatever the case may be. Mine is a 2018 with about 42,xxx miles on the van. I do thank all those that contributed to this knowledge. It is great to have this issued fixed / repaired - the noise drove us nuts.

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus
14 Posts
Does anyone know the spec of the screws that hold the actuator in place? I may or may not have dropped one of them while installing a replacement unit... By the way, this repair also solved the issue for us. Thanks!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts