2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
did the uconnect update come OTA and updated on its own or did it come with map update - i'm still waiting for my uconnect ota update and the map update
It came on a USB flash drive as mine is V3 hardware and did not require the two updates as your V2 hardware does.

Chrysler's Uconnect software division motto: If at ain't broke, fix it till it is!

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Pulling pieces together from several sources here is what I have come to understand. Please know I'm not speaking on behalf of any person or entity - I'm only trying to give everybody the bigger picture so the angry mob with pitch forks & torches know where to go as it applies to them. So this is going to be split into two parts.
Part 1 - Software Versions and getting the updates​

Just like with any other software you might install on a computer there are "minimum requirements" that have to be met before you will be allowed to proceed. If you are on version IR19.8 and below OR want an easy way out you can just use your phone, get a standalone unit, or buy a brand new 2021 Pacifica that comes with the built in Tom Tom with quarterly OTA updates, otherwise, you can follow me down the rabbit hole o_O.​
Depending on what software version you're on will dictate what updates you will need. HERE has been contracted for the navigation update and have met their obligations as far as having it available. In order to update the maps the FCA software(uConnect) has to be updated to IR 22.63 or later. So for those of you who are stuck in limbo like myself your quarrel is with FCA and their uConnect Software Update folks. @ChryslerCares what say you?​
From what I gather there are 4 different versions of software out there​
IR - if 19.8 and BELOW - there are no map updates available. If 19.9 and ABOVE but BELOW 22.63, you will require an Over-The-Air update to get to the minimum version of 22.63 - after this requirement has been satisfied OR you are already at 22.63 and above you will be shipped Version #2 with three USB sticks. Two of them will be additional FCA software updates (MR & QR) and one of them will be the map/navigation updates.​
MR - MR 28.2 and LOWER you will be shipped Version 2 with Three USB sticks. Two of them will be additional FCA software updates(MR & QR) and one of them will be the Map/navigation updates. MR 28.3 and ABOVE Will be shipped Version #3 with two USB sticks. One will be FCA software updates(assuming QR) and the other one will be the Maps/navigation updates.​
JR - JR will be shipped Version #3 with two USB sticks. One will be FCA software updates(assuming QR) and the other one will be the Maps/navigation updates.​
QR - QR may be shipped Version #1 with two USB stocks or Version #3 with three USB sticks. Not sure on the specifics on which QR versions will get what but you won't have to wait for an OTA to get your map updates. From what I understand QR is the latest version with the exception of 2021+ models.​
Below are the links to each of the three different packages and the notes regarding each version for comparison​
Notes
1) This map update is only compatible with U.S. vehicles with 4C NAV with 8.4" touch-screen that has Application Version 'QR
Notes
1) This map update is only compatible with U.S. vehicles with 4C NAV with 8.4" touch-screen that has Application Version MR-28.2 or lower
2) You will receive 2 Software Updates with your Map Update Package. Both Software Updates (first MR, then QR) MUST be installed prior to the Map Update
Notes
1) This map update is only compatible with U.S. Vehicles with 4C NAV with 8.4" touch-screen that has Application Versions IR-22.63+, MR-28.3+, JR or QR
2) You will receive a Software Update with your Map Update Package. The Software Update must be installed prior to the Map Update
Part 2 The update that is Out-of-Date ! o_O
Why is an update containing a 2019Q2 map update being marketed as a 2020? Why FCA selling a 2020 map update with the 2019Q2 map and just releasing it now just in time for its 2nd birthday?​
Well once it again your quarrel is going to be with FCA and not HERE. Like I mentioned above HERE technologies has met their end of the mapping obligation. It is on the FCA end of things that is causing the delay on getting the map updates. While this may not be the best analogy I think an easy way to think of it is like wanting to install a new app in the app store onto your phone. You can see the app, its available for download, but in order download the app you first need to update your phone. Well the update for your phone hasn't been released yet but you already paid for this app so you call your phone manufacturer lets call them Goo-Appl-Sung and say "Hey, I'm trying to get this app on my phone but I can't because my phone needs the update" so Goo-Appl-Sung says "yeah we're sorry you're having that issue because we really care but if you need any further assistance installing the app contact the app developer." So then you end up calling HERE and it just goes downhill from there​
I spoke with a very nice young lady at HERE and apparently it would be "normal" had FCA used a 2019Q2 mapset and released it 2020. HERE actually goes out and surveys the land and roads to use in the updates and takes time to package the data and for FCA to sell. And while HERE is contracted for the map updates they are NOT contracted to update or support the system software but they are contracted to facilitate it (ship it out with map updates). So if you have a problem installing the update you call FCA/uConnect but if you had the updates go thru but the maps are having an issue updating you call HERE. Anyways - So had they released it early 2020 that would have been considered normal among all manufactures that HERE works with. However because of the delays in the FCA software update the map set will be 2 year old data by the time we are able to "update". From the sounds of it FCA knows they have really dropped the ball and are trying to just get everybody on to the same version software and once everyone is on the same version they anticipate releasing map updates on a more regular interval. I would hope they would think about offering a free map, if not steeply discounted, update in the not so distant future once they are done playing catch up.​
@ChryslerCares what say you? Do I need to make any corrections or care to share any additional details?

Reactions: cafute

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Hello again,

Unfortunately, there were various navigation concerns caused by the IR22.63 FOTA and the upcoming IR22.64 FOTA should correct these concerns. If you are having an Wifi concerns, that would be handled by our friends at AT&T since we outsource SiriusXM through them.

To get in contact with a SiriusXM representative, please perform the following steps-
1. Press the Assist button on your rearview mirror
2. Press the Activate button on your touchscreen, followed by the Customer Care button
3. Speak with a SiriusXM Guardian™

As for any concerns regarding outdated maps, HERE is responsible for developing those maps. Therefore, we do not have control over this matter but we hear your frustration and will certainly get your feedback relayed to the appropriate individuals.

I understand how inconveniencing this may be to some of you, but please know that we are making note of these conversations and will consider your concerns as we work towards a more flawless platform.

As always, please feel free to send our @ChryslerCares or @UconnectCares team a private message if you have any questions or concerns.

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hello again,

Unfortunately, there were various navigation concerns caused by the IR22.63 FOTA and the upcoming IR22.64 FOTA should correct these concerns. If you are having an Wifi concerns, that would be handled by our friends at AT&T since we outsource SiriusXM through them.

To get in contact with a SiriusXM representative, please perform the following steps-
1. Press the Assist button on your rearview mirror
2. Press the Activate button on your touchscreen, followed by the Customer Care button
3. Speak with a SiriusXM Guardian™

As for any concerns regarding outdated maps, HERE is responsible for developing those maps. Therefore, we do not have control over this matter but we hear your frustration and will certainly get your feedback relayed to the appropriate individuals.

I understand how inconveniencing this may be to some of you, but please know that we are making note of these conversations and will consider your concerns as we work towards a more flawless platform.

As always, please feel free to send our @ChryslerCares or @UconnectCares team a private message if you have any questions or concerns.

Courtney
Chrysler Cares
@ChryslerCares You have various concerns with software version 20.40.27/application version QR-39.2.0 as well. When is this going to be fixed?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is not what they say at Here. Like I stated before, the "finger-pointing" continues and no one wants to take responsibility.

Who is responsible?

Chrysler/Navigation/Uconnect/SiriusXM: ⟹⟹⟹⟹ ⟸⟸⟸⟸:Here

Me: ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Something I forgot to mention in my angry post on the way going before the system crapped out. The speed limit on highways in my state change some time ago to 75. This map update still has all the old speed limits. So when I am doing 75 it is constantly audibly telling me the speed limit is 70. 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 I know you can turn this off, but I am not going to as there are small towns that sometimes don't post signs well. It is good to know what the possible speed limit is (if accurate :rolleyes: ) and if going over to avoid a Barny Fife situation. If the system is working.....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
This is not what they say at Here. Like I stated before the "finger-pointing" continues and no one wants to take responsibility.
I've been investigating into this delay with the map update for a while and am more confident than not that;

uConnect delays - that's on FCA, that's their operating system. Case and point - HERE had reached out to early purchasers, including myself, asking for VIN numbers from certain early purchasers that need the FOTA before the FCA will allow HERE to ship the updates. Here collected the VINs from those who had sent it in prior to the deadline given into the email and sent them over to FCA. FCA is going to bump early purchasers to the front of the line for the FOTA so they can give HERE the go ahead to ship the orders being held back because of the FOTA requirement. I'm sure they in theory HERE could mail the orders being held so when the FOTA is pushed we already have it on hand ready to go BUT.... how many people would disregard any/all instructions and/or get in patient and brick their units trying to update it before the FOTA?

Outdated maps - also on FCA, HERE only provides the navigational information. FCA simply purchased the product from them, shelved it in storage, then when they were ready (but are they?) they put it out on the floor for the consumer. HERE simply sold a product to FCA and FCA held onto it too long before releasing it because of the uConnect software issues. Since the map update requires system updates before it can be installed FCA contracted HERE to support the logistics and distribution of the uConnect system updates - not the technical support part of it. HERE ships everything in one box but any problems and technical support regarding the uConnect updates will be the responsibility of FCA/uConnect. Once you're past the uConnect system updates and are ready to move onto the map update any problems or technical support will be the responsibility of HERE. Any problems regarding your order status and/or shipping your point of contact is going to be HERE.

@ChryslerCares what say you?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hopefully, the new system will be updated better. Chrysler needs to steps aside, and lets Google (Android Division) and TomTom work it all out. They have resources far beyond Stellantis to handle consumer software.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
571 Posts
See post immediately below.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
571 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience, TSE. I e-mailed the HERE folks and canceled my order last week. No charges made to my credit card since it had not been shipped yet. They provided a cancelation confirmation number. When on road trips we'll pull out our Garmin with traffic alert and lifetime map updates each time we approach a big city.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Reactions: freddief73

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Well it's been 94 days as of today, Monday May 3rd 2021, since I placed my order for the map update. That is 78 days after it was supposed ship out. I could understand if it was something to do with a chip shortage but the updates are already packaged and ready to go out just waiting on chrysler to send out a software update. @ChryslerCares I'm curious to know why such a delay on the software update. Of all those people and subcontractors employed by FCA is none of them working on it? Is it one of those things that "we'll get to it when we get to it and when we do we'll put in the most minimal required effort into it as required by law"? Just curious because it clearly stated as I checked out that it would ship february 15th.

@ChryslerCares ?... or is it #ChryslerDoesNotCare?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
By the time you get it, it might be two and a half to three years out of date.

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received this response from Here Technologies yesterday. If I read this correctly, Chrysler "requested all the presale orders being held in reserve be cancelled". If that means my pre-order was cancelled - well, nobody informed me of that.

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. The last update we got from Chrysler, is that they were still working on getting the OTA software updates to all customer who needed them. The minimum software requirement for your vehicle is IR 22.63. this can be found by lookin at your Application Version.

To Find the Application Version:
[...]

Chrysler informed us that the OTA software process had been delayed, so they requested all the presale orders being held in reserve be cancelled. Once your system is compatible with a map version, you will be able to order that part and it will ship out immediately. We apologize for the lengthy process this has been.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I received this response from Here Technologies yesterday. If I read this correctly, Chrysler "requested all the presale orders being held in reserve be cancelled". If that means my pre-order was cancelled - well, nobody informed me of that.
yeah, went thru my emails and never got a refund... wonder if they put it back on my card

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
i can't even find where they charged me at all 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
If you read the part you circled in a post above, it says, "Your credit card will not be billed until the product ships."
yeah, but when i ordered it i did get an alert from chase.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
904 Posts
yeah, but when i ordered it i did get an alert from chase. View attachment 46511
Is it possible this was just an authorization hold? You know, kinda like how some gas pumps put a ~$50 hold on your card before you fuel up. If this was the case, the authorization hold has probably long expired by now. Either way it's pretty shady on their part not to update you with the status of the transaction.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well it's been 94 days as of today, Monday May 3rd 2021, since I placed my order for the map update. That is 78 days after it was supposed ship out. I could understand if it was something to do with a chip shortage but the updates are already packaged and ready to go out just waiting on chrysler to send out a software update. @ChryslerCares I'm curious to know why such a delay on the software update. Of all those people and subcontractors employed by FCA is none of them working on it? Is it one of those things that "we'll get to it when we get to it and when we do we'll put in the most minimal required effort into it as required by law"? Just curious because it clearly stated as I checked out that it would ship february 15th.

@ChryslerCares ?... or is it #ChryslerDoesNotCare?

View attachment 46460
Did you ever get your map update?

61 - 80 of 88 Posts