2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
278 Posts
so I can't figure out what is the Signature halo light and what is the DRL.
DRL = your headlights always being on (you can turn that off thru the settings though)
Signature halo (on the 2021+) = the C shaped led that is ALWAYS on when the car is on (as seen on the driver's side in post #9)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2022 Pacifica and I am unable to turn off the lights completely when it is dark out. The modern electronics do not allow for the car to go completely dark... at least to my knowledge. Is there any way around this? I understand it is a safety feature, but I wish I had the control to completely turn off all exterior lights if I wanted to, esp when picking someone up for carpool before dawn and I don't want to sit in the driveway with the lights on =/
I could be wrong here but it appears you're talking about the daytime running lights or drls? They may have changed it but under my 17 and 18 pacificas you can go to settings and uncheck the box under daytime running lamps and they should turn off. They also should turn off when the car is not in drive. When I put mine in park they turn off. Doesn't mean they might have changed the programming or your location as different requirements but you might go to your settings under lights and look for that

·
Registered
85 Posts
I could be wrong here but it appears you're talking about the daytime running lights or drls? They may have changed it but under my 17 and 18 pacificas you can go to settings and uncheck the box under daytime running lamps and they should turn off. They also should turn off when the car is not in drive. When I put mine in park they turn off. Doesn't mean they might have changed the programming or your location as different requirements but you might go to your settings under lights and look for that
Please please please read the entirety of the thread before replying. I dont mean this in a negative way because you may have just skimmed through, but the DRL response has come up multiple times in this tread.

Here is where our issue lies:

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive side marker light

Edited*

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
278 Posts
This is a (facelift) 2021+ thing

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Please please please read the entirety of the thread before replying. I dont mean this in a negative way because you may have just skimmed through, but the DRL response has come up multiple times in this tread.

Here is where our issue lies:

View attachment 50703

A good example of the signature strip being non-essential is the difference between the Pacifica and the Voyager.

View attachment 50704
Many people here also DO NOT understand that 2017-2020 DLRs on those models are ONLY the LED strip that runs along the bottom of the headlight housing and not the low beam headlamp. Those LED strips classified as DLRs in those years could be easily turned off in the UConnect system as I did in my 2018, unlike 2021+ which uses the low beam headlamp for the DLRs as stated in the picture you posted pointing out each light. I am glad you took the time to detail that photo.

Yes, those halo signature lights SUCK! They are NOT DLRs on the 2021+ like they were on the 2017-2020s.

BTW, guess what happens when the halo signature lights begin to fail and start strobing or the low or high beams on the 2021+? The entire housing assembly must be replaced at the tune of 1000+.

Reactions: pure_insanity

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was one of those people!

So it seems as though in the 2017-2020 years, the DRL for the lower trims was one of the actual bulbs, but in the Limited it was the LED strip?

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
There's a simple way to program this if Chrysler would only do it. Have a "Lights out" mode that is available in the Settings. This would turn off all exterior lights. The lights would be returned to normal when a set speed is reached (maybe 12 mph?). This would accommodate drive-in movies, parades, etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was one of those people!

So it seems as though in the 2017-2020 years, the DRL for the lower trims was one of the actual bulbs, but in the Limited it was the LED strip?
That is correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want them permanently off and assuming there's a separate lead to that light you could always unplug it and make sure it's waterproof so it doesn't corrode. I would almost bet you though that they run it through a module in the headlamp assembly. That's a little tougher

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
If you want them permanently off and assuming there's a separate lead to that light you could always unplug it and make sure it's waterproof so it doesn't corrode. I would almost bet you though that they run it through a module in the headlamp assembly. That's a little tougher
That would not be a good idea as the led signature light strips which are your night parking lights would never work. When you change signature lights from "present yes to no" they still function and work as normal when the vehicle light settings are set to park, on, or auto. You have complete and full control of them at this point rather than them turning on, and staying on, the moment you push the run button.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts