2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Final Verdict?

So I'm going to take delivery of a '17 Limited this weekend and am super interested in how all of these installations worked out. It seems like most everything works, with the exception of Uconnect Access and perhaps the over-the-air connection to support. Can I ask the four of you that have yours completed what the final verdict is? What ended up working and not working? What does the dealership say about updating the software, etc?
@irpilot
@sethmeisterg
@smity84
@netaddict

·
Registered
78 Posts
So I'm going to take delivery of a '17 Limited this weekend and am super interested in how all of these installations worked out. It seems like most everything works, with the exception of Uconnect Access and perhaps the over-the-air connection to support. Can I ask the four of you that have yours completed what the final verdict is? What ended up working and not working? What does the dealership say about updating the software, etc?

@irpilot
@sethmeisterg
@smity84
@netaddict

Overall I am happy with my upgrade. It was a lot of money but I now have features that were missing before. Also, the interface is faster and more responsive than the ‘17 hardware.

I couldn’t get the Uconnect app features working, but I wasn’t interested in paying for them anyway. Everything else functions great, with the exception of the Bluetooth quality. There are clearly bugs with the version of software that I have that causes my phone to disconnect and static issues. It works fine most of the time though.

I emailed Chrysler to see if I could get software updates. The directed me to a dealer. I haven’t needed service yet, but I’ll ask when I go in. I seriously doubt they’ll do it though.

One glimmer of hope is infotainment. I’ve asked them about software updates on the UAV system. They referred me to their sister company navrepair. Navrepair responded that they are working to get updates and to check back soon. I’m hoping they can send a file that I can flash to the system.

Like I said, I’m happy with the upgrade. It was really the one thing that I missed on my ‘17 and it was relatively easy to upgrade, albeit expensive. I would recommend going @irpilot ‘s root and get one from salvage to save some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts

@irpilot
@sethmeisterg
@smity84
@netaddict
@Ohaiyoo for me it's was a must and I love it. I also have Android Auto in all the other cars I own so I couldn't live without it. As @smity84 mentioned the Uconnect apps are not working. When try to open them it gives you a message to activate the service. I've activated and called support to the point that I've given up on it. I also don't use them and wouldn't pay for the services they provide. I just wanted to see if I could get it to work. I'm pretty sure the over the air updates are also not working. I don't know why. I don't have any static issues but I use Android auto to make calls...it does use Bluetooth I believe but it's clear. I do have the known bug in my software version that resets all the radio presets but I don't use the radio so it doesn't bother me. So be aware that you might be stuck with whatever software version the unit came with. If @smity84 gets a hold of the update then we'd all be set if he shared it. I haven't read any complaints from the most recent update.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
I'm starting an attempt at the UAV drop in for a late model '17 Pacifica Limited, using a '18 head unit from the junk yard. The FAKRA cable mentioned in post #29 appears to be incorrectly described, it should be FAKRA HSD B "female" to "female" jack cable, not male. I went to search for this cable and then someone told me the Z connector should work, as it is a universal connector - so I'm getting it instead and see how it goes when it arrives.

https://www.rfstreet.com/ch_contentd.asp?id=3252

This is the exact cable that fit perfectly from the processor to the display. Not sure why you'd go with something different but I'm no expert in cables. I just know for a fact that the cable linked above is what works. Let us know if what you ordered works out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the exact cable that fit perfectly from the processor to the display. Not sure why you'd go with something different but I'm no expert in cables. I just know for a fact that the cable linked above is what works. Let us know if what you ordered works out.
RFStreet ran out of the cable you mentioned, and they mentioned that it was a mistake to permit order of a single unit... BUT, they said the Z configuration is universal which is what I ended up ordering. The Z apparently has no notches and B has notches in various places -- since it's a type of Coax cable, I believe they're correct in saying Z is universally compatible.

The real trouble I'm currently running into is the order from LKQ, where they incorrectly shipped just the display unit. I kept telling them I need the processor unit, part # 68351931ah and while they get it, the junk yard from another State is pulling just the display... working through it right now and will call them again tomorrow.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am going a different route and using an aftermarket system to get Carplay and android auto on mine......works out way cheaper and should not affect ability to update or the Uconnect software.
I'll keep it posted here how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
RFStreet ran out of the cable you mentioned, and they mentioned that it was a mistake to permit order of a single unit... BUT, they said the Z configuration is universal which is what I ended up ordering. The Z apparently has no notches and B has notches in various places -- since it's a type of Coax cable, I believe they're correct in saying Z is universally compatible.

The real trouble I'm currently running into is the order from LKQ, where they incorrectly shipped just the display unit. I kept telling them I need the processor unit, part # 68351931ah and while they get it, the junk yard from another State is pulling just the display... working through it right now and will call them again tomorrow.

Oh ok. That's odd because I was able to order it online without speaking to anyone. Glad they were able to sell you something else that would work. Bummer about LKQ. Hopefully they find you one. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am going a different route and using an aftermarket system to get Carplay and android auto on mine......works out way cheaper and should not affect ability to update or the Uconnect software.
I'll keep it posted here how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyE5YMaysvY&index=4&list=PLJeAxtpziAZlWof7fRHuao3U-jVfqFVyy
So, an update on this......DO NOT BUY THIS !!..horrible customer service and unit does not work as advertised....horrible graphics and connectivity..will not work with touchscreen. I had all kinds of problems trying to make this work and contacted seller to let them know it was not working. He insisted it was working fine (how he could tell that from the other end of the phone line has me puzzled) and told me if I wanted to return it there was a 25% restocking fee (almost $100). After much ado ,I opened a dispute with Amex and showed them all the correspondence from this VERY un professional vendor......This guy is a crook !!.....you have been warned.....His device is a pile of s....!! and his customer service is even worse..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for posting how this turned out, I hope you to speed with AMEX works out favorably. This is one of the biggest reasons I use credit cards for most transactions, the protection may not be needed often, but worthwhile when it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m sorry you had to take the hit on this to find out. It’s sucky to get caught up in a scam. I was also considering this because it seems like a slick solution. It’s not perfect, but I figured that it was something worth looking at.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There might be a approx issue

If there is a way to get Carplay & Android Auto on a 2017, I want to know about it! I've read somewhere that it's not possible to interchange the hardware either (plug differences and CAN Bus differences) I REALLY want AA on it! Although I must say, the built in NAV is pretty nice, and most people that use ACP and AA say they really don't use it as much as they thought they would. I suppose having to plug the phone in every time to use ACP or AA would be a pain...?
I was talking to a friend in latin america and they see a module or something down there that allows full screen mirroring from your phone to any car screen.... He is going to send me more info on it.
I am sure something completely after market. I will post back when he has sent me something

Sorry for the title must have auto corrected and i didn't see it. But I wouldn't keep my hope up, i did some googling and it is some shady stuff, that would replace the current interface, not integrate it

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interesting. It has to be something like this my friend has. Seems cheaper than the $450 I have seen somewhere else

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm hoping to perform this upgrade in the next couple of months, but am wondering if anyone has purchased a new radio from a mopar factory parts site rather than getting a salvaged unit or reconditioned from infotainment. I'm looking at several online sites searching for part number 68351931AH. Found a site that has it for 973.50. Any downsides with going this route? Anything to be aware of?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm hoping to perform this upgrade in the next couple of months, but am wondering if anyone has purchased a new radio from a mopar factory parts site rather than getting a salvaged unit or reconditioned from infotainment. I'm looking at several online sites searching for part number 68351931AH. Found a site that has it for 973.50. Any downsides with going this route? Anything to be aware of?

I think you would also need a new screen and cable. The 2017 screen and subsequent cable do not work with the 2018+ radio hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Because I'm in Europe, I don't need the navigation feature, but I'm yearning for CarPlay (for Navigation via Apple Maps eg).
Looking at one of the Mopar parts sites (factorychryslerparts) I can see a lot of options for 2018/2019 uConnect. I don't really get the difference, but looking at
this pdf
it seems there are basically two important sales codes: UAR and UAV
UAR is the cheaper one, I guess w/o navigation, and UAV is with navigation and standard for 2018 Pacifica Limited.
Checking with TascaParts, price for UAR (part# 68308807AI) is $773.90 plus the bezel (I'm not sure which one is required to upgrade from 2017 PacHy Limited) with example part# 68316175AB for $295.26
Any advice or confirmation? Should I be fine with 68308807AI and 68316175AB? Will it be compatible with my UConnect theater package?

·
Registered
36 Posts
uh man, this is soooo confusing.
68351935AI could be the perfect fit, because it reads "X81+UJV-RS9". At least for Jeep, RS9 means Digital Audiobroadcasting which is available here in Germany. And it has nav.
And then there is also 68329878AI, which seems to be the standard Uconnect 8.4 w/o nav - but does it include CarPlay?

61 - 80 of 118 Posts