2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm hoping to perform this upgrade in the next couple of months, but am wondering if anyone has purchased a new radio from a mopar factory parts site rather than getting a salvaged unit or reconditioned from infotainment. I'm looking at several online sites searching for part number 68351931AH. Found a site that has it for 973.50. Any downsides with going this route? Anything to be aware of?
It would seem that you will no longer receive any "over the air" updates and if you have a Uconnect account ,that does not work anymore. Now if it was installed at a FCA dealer, then they could probably re-code everything to make it work, but would end up being a very expensive job going this route.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Small Update (I have a unit that I bought from infotainment.com)

My dealer was unable to update the software when I took it in for service. They actually told me that no update was available. I'm sure they looked up my VIN and were still thinking it was the old radio, even though I told them I upgraded it.

I have been going back and forth with infotainment and navrepair. Just this week they told me that they have a software update that they can send me (21.9). I received a USB drive with the software today and when I inserted it, I got an error that it was incompatible with the vehicle. I emailed infotainment and will let you know what I hear. Any ideas on what the update file is looking for that it's saying it's not compatible with the vehicle?

For now, I'm still dealing with bluetooth issues on my unit :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Received the cable from China last week and just ordered the 2018 display and processor today. It should arrive by Monday. As far as updating software I know some of you had issues, but shouldn’t it be as easy as just knowing the vin of the junk car it came off of and downloading from the uconnect site?

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Received the cable from China last week and just ordered the 2018 display and processor today. It should arrive by Monday. As far as updating software I know some of you had issues, but shouldn’t it be as easy as just knowing the vin of the junk car it came off of and downloading from the uconnect site?
It would be but the uconnect site does not have any updates for 2018 and newer. Trust me I've probably gone through 50 different vin's without any luck. The site has the updates for 2017 but not for 2018. You'll be stuck with whatever software your replacement unit came with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
@smity84 did you get a resolution for the USB updater?

Infotainment offered to send me a radio that they upgraded to the new version. I took them up on it and everything is working perfectly. They really have been wonderful to work with. I know that it cost a ton, but worth the value in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: I did end up purchasing a new unit from a factory part store. I also purchased a new display and fakra Z cable. The install was easy and no issues were encountered. As expected and as others mentioned, it doesn't seem like I get any factory updates. That's okay though as my unit seems to be working perfectly. No losing of stations, navigation works (though I don't use it), and Carplay works great. It came preloaded with software version 18.20.2e. One thing I wasn't expecting was SiriusXM. My unit is receiving all SiriusXM stations, but I've disabled many of them. I'm not sure how long it will continue to receive them, but it has been over 2 months now and it will be nice to have for a trip next week. Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade and for saving some bucks over infotainment's cost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update: I did end up purchasing a new unit from a factory part store. I also purchased a new display and fakra Z cable. The install was easy and no issues were encountered. As expected and as others mentioned, it doesn't seem like I get any factory updates. That's okay though as my unit seems to be working perfectly. No losing of stations, navigation works (though I don't use it), and Carplay works great. It came preloaded with software version 18.20.2e. One thing I wasn't expecting was SiriusXM. My unit is receiving all SiriusXM stations, but I've disabled many of them. I'm not sure how long it will continue to receive them, but it has been over 2 months now and it will be nice to have for a trip next week. Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade and for saving some bucks over infotainment's cost.

Would you mind sharing where you purchased your unit and how much you ended up spending for it? I am thinking about doing the same...

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I got home today and opened my package with my 2018 display and receiver unit, but they only sent the display. I’ve contacted them to correct this, but it is Sunday so I don’t expect to hear anything until at least tomorrow. Hopefully they can get it out here soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone had issue with their heated seats not working after putting a 2018 radio into a 2017 Pacifica?

No issues here, but you may have to let the radio talk to the control module of the car. For example, when I first turned my car on after the radio install, I didn’t have the options for heated seats or satellite radio. Then I turned the car off, opened the door and let the car sit for a minute. When I turned it back on, everything was there.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
No issues here, but you may have to let the radio talk to the control module of the car. For example, when I first turned my car on after the radio install, I didn’t have the options for heated seats or satellite radio. Then I turned the car off, opened the door and let the car sit for a minute. When I turned it back on, everything was there.

Yep ditto. It all sorts itself out after a few minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Factory? The Dealer?

Also wondering about year and model. I want to update a unit in a 2017 Limited that has a faulty 3g card with one that has CarPlay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly I don't use android auto that much because it prevents quick charging which is much more useful imo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many thanks to everyone in this thread! Based on your reports of the working upgrades, I felt confident enough to try the same, and it worked flawless! Got the Infotainment UAV upgrade kit from my 2017 Pacifica 8.4 with Nav. We have Android Auto in our second car, and it was getting a real downer to have to work with the (really bad, IMO) standard nav on the Pacifica.

I'm very comfortable doing work on computers but never anything on my cars, so this was daunting at first.
A few observations which took some time to figure out for me (although the whole job took about 2 hours only):
- As others have said: Use the included new 4-pin display connector between unit and display, not the car-installed one.
- The orange connector won't fit to anything on the new unit, so it can be left disconnected
- There's another (red) port on the new unit that doesn't have any matching connector at the car. I didn't find any mention of this before in the thread, so I was hesitant if I'm missing something. But there definitely wasn't any connector for it at my car, so I left it disconnected and it works.
- The old front shield is connected with clamps, and while I knew that it requires some pull to remove, I was surprised by the amount of force needed. Definitely had a bit of fear to break anything when pulling it off, but once one side was loose it worked better for the rest.
- In my case the harness of existing wires was too short for a few of the connectors to plug in before attaching the new unit. I had to cut open one of the cable mounts holding the harness in place, to make more room for moving the wires.

In my case everything worked immediately after starting afterwards. I'm actually not sure I understand how Sirius XM works without any reactivation... Isn't the Radio ID different now? Anyway, Nav works, AC works, and of course Android Auto works. Also can confirm that this is definitely a faster performance of the interface. Didn't use much beyond a 10 min test, but for now super happy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed the Infotainment system in my Touring L. I know it is more expensive than getting used parts but I wanted to have a warranty and access to customer service if there was a problem. The install was pretty easy. The only complaint I have is that they don’t include directions and the videos they have on YouTube don’t show which wires do and don’t get plugged in. As others have said some of the wires from RA3 system don’t get used so it took me a couple try’s to get them right. But once I did everything works perfect and I couldn’t be happier. CarPlay works great and so does everything else. The only other thing I had to do was change my SiriusXM subscription over which cost me $15. But no big deal. I am happy with mod and would recommend it to any of you with a 2017 that want to add CarPlay or Android Auto and NAV.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed the Infotainment system in my Touring L. I know it is more expensive than getting used parts but I wanted to have a warranty and access to customer service if there was a problem. The install was pretty easy. The only complaint I have is that they don’t include directions and the videos they have on YouTube don’t show which wires do and don’t get plugged in. As others have said some of the wires from RA3 system don’t get used so it took me a couple try’s to get them right. But once I did everything works perfect and I couldn’t be happier. CarPlay works great and so does everything else. The only other thing I had to do was change my SiriusXM subscription over which cost me $15. But no big deal. I am happy with mod and would recommend it to any of you with a 2017 that want to add CarPlay or Android Auto and NAV.
Yeah, I had to reactivate SXM as well. Initially it was pre-activated on the new radio for a couple hours, but then I needed to change the Radio ID on my subscription as expected.
Did a road trip throughout yesterday and the new Android Auto worked flawless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished reading through all the post! I have a 2017 lx with the ra2 radio. I found an awesome deal on a UAG unit out of a 2018, that’s the smaller 7’ radio but it has CarPlay and android auto which is what I was after. I bought the dash bezel new from mopar so it will bolt right in. I only have 2 questions for you guys and hoping you can help! I’ve read somewhere where the USB port needs replaced for a newer style one for CarPlay to work, anyone that’s don’t the swap on a 17 have an issue with CarPlay not working with the factory USB port? And as far as getting an anti theft code, I found a guy on eBay that can get me the unlock code for $30, I just need to send him the serial number and part number on the radio and the VIN of my van and he can get it, anyone know of a different or cheaper way to do so? I don’t have the vin of the van my new radio came from but from what I’ve read I shouldn’t need it. I know you can take it to the dealer for the code but my local dealer is a joke and didn’t even want to install factory remote start on my van. Any help is appreciated!!

EDIT I code the code so now I’m just curious if I need to replace the usb plug! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on upgrading from the Ra2 to the UAG! Got my radio in and it works perfectly! Waiting on the new radio bezel and I’ll be good to go, code worked just as it should. CarPlay works as well with the stock usb. Only 2 minor issues, the compass won’t calibrate and the tempature for the hvac is stuck in Celcius even though it’s set in Fahrenheit. Hopefully after a few cycles it will calibrate and be good to go! But I’m in this for under $300 compared to $1000 on infotainment

81 - 100 of 118 Posts