2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

161 - 180 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The screen part number is P68316174AB . This is the same part number for 2018 and 2019 models.

The processing unit numbers that seem to work are
1. 68351931AH
2. 68308807AE - This is what I am using and carplay works fine.
What's the difference between those two part numbers? I'm looking in to doing this upgrade as well. Also, the 7 in screen and head unit are the best upgrade that can be made on the 2017 correct? The 8.4 in isn't compatible? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's the difference between those two part numbers?
I don’t know. I know some folks tried 68351931 and it worked for them. I found 68308807 and it worked for me.
I think 68351931 might have the additional 4G module and built-in navigation. On mine it shows Navigation, but it gets stuck on the loading screen.
Also, the 7 in screen and head unit are the best upgrade that can be made on the 2017 correct? The 8.4 in isn't compatible?
No. I had 8.4 on my 2017 Limited and I have the 8.4 now. I think someone was able to upgrade from a 7inch to 8.4 in screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Fmjammo

For me, it has been as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4.
1: found a 2018 used UAV head unit on LKQ
Can you post a link? I am looking at LKQ and I am not certain which ones are compatible. Can you send a link?
2: found a 2018 used screen and vents on eBay
Do I need to buy a new screen or can I use my existing 2017 8.4" display. It looks like the display is the same for 2017, 2018, and 2019 from some sites I have found. I am hoping to keep my 8.4" screen and just change to the UAV radio module that connects to it.
3: found a brand new FAKRA HSD LVDS Z connector Straight 50cm on eBay, same connector on both sides
Anything besides the slow boat option found from China?
4: found a unlock service on eBay to unlock the radio
Can you send me a link to this service that worked for you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
@Fmjammo

For me, it has been as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4.
1: found a 2018 used UAV head unit on LKQ
Can you post a link? I am looking at LKQ and I am not certain which ones are compatible. Can you send a link?
2: found a 2018 used screen and vents on eBay
Do I need to buy a new screen or can I use my existing 2017 8.4" display. It looks like the display is the same for 2017, 2018, and 2019 from some sites I have found. I am hoping to keep my 8.4" screen and just change to the UAV radio module that connects to it.
You have to buy a screen that is from 2018 and 2019.

3: found a brand new FAKRA HSD LVDS Z connector Straight 50cm on eBay, same connector on both sides
Anything besides the slow boat option found from China?
4: found a unlock service on eBay to unlock the radio
Can you send me a link to this service that worked for you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
before going whole hog on this one... just saw this!
Uconnect v5
FWIW - Even though the size of the screen is bigger, it seems to fit in the same housing as the existing Pacifica. The dimensions both width and height seem to be the same. There might be a possibility that uconnect 5 can be retrofitted into the 2017 Pacifica. Of course, many people would upgrade their cars in 4-5 years. I would rather keep this till the wheels fall off. Even if the upgrade is $1000, the new Uconnect 5 seems to be worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody swap RA3 to UAG (7" Screen w/ Auto & CarPlay)? Is this possible or only to UAV? I can't find this information.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The screen part number is P68316174AB . This is the same part number for 2018 and 2019 models.

The processing unit numbers that seem to work are
1. 68351931AH
2. 68308807AE - This is what I am using and carplay works fine.

I have a screen, I have the cable..

These two processors seem so hard to find.. uggg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Installation took about 15 minutes, left one antenna cabl
I have a screen, I have the cable..

These two processors seem so hard to find.. uggg
Right.. Very difficult to get these.. Finally I got one today after 3 months of searching Returned thrice parts from LKQ as they sent wrong parts. They say it is 8.4 capable, but they sent always a 7 inch screen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can anyone give step by step on how to replace old one with new hardware? I mean the screen and the receiver with the Fakra cable?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can anyone give step by step on how to replace old one with new hardware? I mean the screen and the receiver with the Fakra cable?

Here is the basics

And some more epics here

·
Registered
96 Posts
Guys, I am missing a piece from the salvage yard? See the one that is highlighted in the picture with white arrow? Where can I get one? Do we have to connect to that port when we upgrade? Or can we use the missing piece from another port that we are not using?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the upgrade worked well for me, but I am having the loss of radio presets issue. Has anyone been able to resolve this? I am not sure if the USB upgrade did the trick...

·
Registered
96 Posts
So the upgrade worked well for me, but I am having the loss of radio presets issue. Has anyone been able to resolve this? I am not sure if the USB upgrade did the trick...
Tayers, can you check my previous reply and see if something you can help me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tayers, can you check my previous reply and see if something you can help me?
Look at posts 22-25. That is the best description I see to connect up.

I did mine about 2 months ago, and have noticed the radio reset a few times and jumped back on here to figure out the fix.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Look at posts 22-25. That is the best description I see to connect up.

I did mine about 2 months ago, and have noticed the radio reset a few times and jumped back on here to figure out the fix.
What I mean was missing something like a cap. See 3 posts above this reply. I have attached with a picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No clue on the cap, but you could use one from the disconnected ports I assume. Just not sure how you would get if off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Everything is success. Android Auto works perfect. WHat are you all doing with old hardware? selling?

Regular maps are working which didn't work because I don't have license key. Now it works. I have been asked anti-theft code, and I have purchased from ebay for $8. The seller sent in less than 1 minute and I typed it and it worked.
Not sure how to check for 4G LTE signal.

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
Everything is success. Android Auto works perfect. WHat are you all doing with old hardware? selling?

Regular maps are working which didn't work because I don't have license key. Now it works. I have been asked anti-theft code, and I have purchased from ebay for $8. The seller sent in less than 1 minute and I typed it and it worked.
Not sure how to check for 4G LTE signal.
Saw your message now. Glad you got it sorted. I kept mine for when I sell the van. Hotspot does not work if that's what you're asking for.

161 - 180 of 231 Posts