2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed the Maxliner for the 2nd and 3rd row and Oahu seat covers for the second row captains today. The seat covers were a breeze to put on and the Maxliner wasn't too bad either. My teenager helped me with the Maxliner & we got it put down in no more than 5 minutes. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish. Only time will tell how durable it is.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently saw a used 2017 Tusk White Pacifica with low mileage. I was thinking it would be more of a Pearl White but it was more of a tan color. It's definitely a color you need to see in person to decide if you like it or not.

·
Registered
504 Posts
@PacificaJohn and others - Do you think it is the same color? I don't have either color, but I suggested it if it appears to be the same color. If you want it to start a new thread with a sticky, let @irpilot know. Thanks.
I parked my Tusk White '17 next to my Luxury White 19 and could not see a difference in shade/color/tint. Neither could the GM or Sales Manager. They both thought it was the same color. I don't know enough about industry paint codes and I was told it was different but it sure looks exactly the same to me.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
742 Posts
My source at Chrysler said the color was brought back, just a name change. Kinda made me sad as I kinda liked it being a 1 year only color! Made my 17 "rare" as I am keeping this one. Kidding aside, to me I love the color as it changes in the light. Light beige to a cement color. We will see more on the road now. He is also checking the actual paint code, but the Luxury White seams to have the same PW2 paint code as the Tusk White.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
From my friend at Chrysler design:

Hi. I did hear back and the color is the same, just a new name. Here is the official PR response as well on name changes.
Choosing colors and color names is definitely an interesting responsibility of the FCA Product Design Office. But it's not easy and involves much more detail than one can imagine and the team takes many factors into consideration. They look at lifestyle trends such as technology, fashion, music and culture, just to name a few, as well as what is going on in the world around us. From there, they review current colors and names to determine whether they are on point in meeting the goals and needs of our brands or if they need to take a new direction. As a result, consumers will see names and colors change to better represent the personality and lifestyle of the vehicle and the brand it represents.

Still working on the cover for the sensors. Can you send me a picture of the area that I can send on to the team just to make sure we are all talking the same thing?

·
Registered
933 Posts
My source at Chrysler said the color was brought back, just a name change. Kinda made me sad as I kinda liked it being a 1 year only color! Made my 17 "rare" as I am keeping this one. Kidding aside, to me I love the color as it changes in the light. Light beige to a cement color. We will see more on the road now. He is also checking the actual paint code, but the Luxury White seams to have the same PW2 paint code as the Tusk White.
Yours is still very unique! Nice stripes.

I did notice that the build site shows 8 colors for 2018 and 10 colors for 2019. In addition to Luxury White, they added Maximum Steel. I believe that was offered on the 2018 Chrysler 300. Three different shades of gray now. Are we Pacifica owners that boring? ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yours is still very unique! Nice stripes.

I did notice that the build site shows 8 colors for 2018 and 10 colors for 2019. In addition to Luxury White, they added Maximum Steel. I believe that was offered on the 2018 Chrysler 300. Three different shades of gray now. Are we Pacifica owners that boring? ;)
But they don't offer the best gray - Destroyer Gray! If they offer it, like they do on the Dodge products, I am getting one!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Pretty soon they will offer 50 shades of gray. :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just saw that the color of the year revealed at the Detroit auto show is a light bronze. About time the paint manufacturers are beginning to push some actual colors.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts
About this Discussion
157 Replies
39 Participants
GaryS
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing