2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the piece I had there looked like metal clips on the top and bottom that were keeping the screen and module together. I wasn't brave enough to try it, but would definitely love to hear if you have any luck!
Did you get to test everything? Did most options work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you get to test everything? Did most options work?
Still haven't gotten a chance to run through everything, although I'm hoping to today. However, everything that I'd normally use in my car is functioning as expected (radio, Android Auto including audio and navigation via google maps, climate adjustments in front and rear). The touchscreen still isn't my favorite, but it's not terrible.

Things I'm going to check out will be my Uconnect connection (i.e. does the Assist button function and trying to figure out if the 911 button would also function). I think if Uconnect registers the radio as being in my car I'd be able to use the functions like being able to use the app to unlock/lock my car or registering the vehicle location. While they aren't features I'd use or need regularly, they'd definitely be nice to still have.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
Managed to get my hands on a 2019 screen and receiver unit and ordered the Fakra cable (cannot believe I could not find one in the US !)....The bezel that the screen came with was all scratched up, so gave it a paint job !..Hopefully everything will go smoothly once the cable arrives, it is due in a few days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Managed to get my hands on a 2019 screen and receiver unit and ordered the Fakra cable (cannot believe I could not find one in the US !)....The bezel that the screen came with was all scratched up, so gave it a paint job !..Hopefully everything will go smoothly once the cable arrives, it is due in a few days.
That looks fantastic. What part number was your module?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
That looks fantastic. What part number was your module?

its part # 68351931AI Got everything installed and all seems to be working fine. The only thing not working 100% is the fade/balance controls. Maybe like others have said, it needs time to communicate with all the modules.
EDIT .... All working now. Has anyone tried registering with Uconnect with the new unit ?...I have the VIN from the donor vehicle, so would imagine its possible ??

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
Still haven't gotten a chance to run through everything, although I'm hoping to today. However, everything that I'd normally use in my car is functioning as expected (radio, Android Auto including audio and navigation via google maps, climate adjustments in front and rear). The touchscreen still isn't my favorite, but it's not terrible.

Things I'm going to check out will be my Uconnect connection (i.e. does the Assist button function and trying to figure out if the 911 button would also function). I think if Uconnect registers the radio as being in my car I'd be able to use the functions like being able to use the app to unlock/lock my car or registering the vehicle location. While they aren't features I'd use or need regularly, they'd definitely be nice to still have.
I would also like to know if the new unit can be registered with Uconnect to my vehicle. I have the VIN # of the donor vehicle, so I don't see why not ?
EDIT ..on reflection, I don't think this is possible as the van no longer has internet connection. The newer units use 4G and the older 2017 was 3G. the cable that does not connect on the new receiver is the old 3G cable i think. You would probably have to use a new 4G module if its not part of the receiver ??

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
My install of UAV unit from a 2019. Did a little color switching while I was there, but still have black bezels if I decide to switch back.
DSC03297.JPG
DSC03297.JPG
DSC03296.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
So it seems like the 7" from the 2019 is completely different. The Uconnect module is screwed to the screen and the connectors are different. I was hoping the Uconnect module would plug into the 8.4" but that isn't the case.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
62 Posts
So it seems like the 7" from the 2019 is completely different. The Uconnect module is screwed to the screen and the connectors are different. I was hoping the Uconnect module would plug into the 8.4" but that isn't the case.
They are all like that you need a few things to make it work..This video shows you how to do it step by step. If you buy the kit from them it is expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@irpilot @sethmeisterg, Backup Camera issues post upgrade. Have a PACIFICA TOURING - L with Uconnect® 8.4 Nav Capable - did upgrade using/salvage oem combo (i) OEM control module (68429205AC) from Mopar and (ii) a salvaged screen from a 2019 pacifica. Nav and Android Auto seem to work fine, but backup camera, is still not detected. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@irpilot @sethmeisterg, Backup Camera issues post upgrade. Have a PACIFICA TOURING - L with Uconnect® 8.4 Nav Capable - did upgrade using/salvage oem combo (i) OEM control module (68429205AC) from Mopar and (ii) a salvaged screen from a 2019 pacifica. Nav and Android Auto seem to work fine, but backup camera, is still not detected. Any thoughts?
All good, system working perfectly. Nav also shows up on the in-dash display. Feels like a new car. XM and Backup work great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
any reliable radio code sellers? Need a code and 1 seller couldnt provide a working code. I do have the vin that the unit was pulled from. Will the dealer give me the code?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
question, the yellow boxes, should there be connectors connected there? It seems there isn't connectors available to plug in. Also, lost a clip for the bottom green one. Is it possible to buy the clip?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I ran into an issue. the screen hasn't been working and took the car into the dealership. they scanned the system and they got a code back saying the vin number was not matching. With the vin not matching, it isn't allowing the unit to work.

Has anyone else had this issue? How to solve?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I ran into an issue. the screen hasn't been working and took the car into the dealership. they scanned the system and they got a code back saying the vin number was not matching. With the vin not matching, it isn't allowing the unit to work.

Has anyone else had this issue? How to solve?
Hi,

which system are you trying to upgrade from? The 7" like in the link in the post #229 (where the unit is integrated with the touchscreen)?

I have lately made kind of an upgrade / downgrade ;) I wasn't aware that there are so many versions of the 8,4” systems. I bought an salvaged unit (touchscreen + headunit). But it appeared to be from an older donor... (it's a HARMAN unit, called RA4 I guess) So now I have a bigger screen with an older unit (had the 2018 7” system). This solved some issues I had with my previous system, but now I don't have the AndriodAuto app....

Anyways – my “new” 8,4” touchscreen was also dead after I plugged the white connector (I had all wires, harness and connectors from the donor) as I was missing the signal from the second plug needed for the touchscreen. I got it finally working... If you are upgrading from the 7” system I can post some photos from my “upgrade”. If you do have all the wires and plugs needed than I can't help you probably...

Mike

221 - 240 of 250 Posts