2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have an update regarding receiving the updated radio firmware?

How about installing a 2019 ra4 in a 2017? I would think this would have a newer firmware by default.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Update on upgrading from the Ra2 to the UAG! Got my radio in and it works perfectly! Waiting on the new radio bezel and I’ll be good to go, code worked just as it should. CarPlay works as well with the stock usb. Only 2 minor issues, the compass won’t calibrate and the tempature for the hvac is stuck in Celcius even though it’s set in Fahrenheit. Hopefully after a few cycles it will calibrate and be good to go! But I’m in this for under $300 compared to $1000 on infotainment
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Awesome job by the way. Welcome to the club. The code at least on the 8.4 is not needed. At least on my van it just cleared itself out. Enjoy carplay!

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Anyone have an update regarding receiving the updated radio firmware?

How about installing a 2019 ra4 in a 2017? I would think this would have a newer firmware by default.
Still no over the air updates whatever firmware it comes with is what you get.

·
Registered
36 Posts
sweet! can you post the details? and what would the benefit of going with a 2019 unit versus a 2018 unit (other than maybe newer firmware)? thanks
Well, it‘s a bit special because it‘s a Brazilian head unit (part # 68351935AI) and I bought it because it has DAB (comparable to HD). Also, it was cheaper than the „normal“ head units (800$).
No special reason I bought a 2019 instead of 2018 - only this unit was available.
The retrofitting is the same as when going from 2017 to 2018 (new fakra cable, new screen)

Out of fun I hooked up my old screen and funny enough you‘ll see the difference in resolution. I guess it‘s 4 times more pixel density with the new screen (on the old screen, only the top left quarter of the UI showed filling the whole screen)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I was hoping a 2019 would ensure you had a firmware that would include any bugs that people are reporting with some of the 2018 units.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am seeing a ton of different part numbers from the OEM website (some are even for Brazil?). Anyone know the exact part number to purchase for a 2019 (USA) part to install into a 2017 Pacfica?

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
I can see some folks have done the install. Do you have the part numbers you can share ?
Hey guys. I know this thread is getting pretty long but all the info can be found on page 2. If you have a 17 with an 8.4" uconnect then you'll need the screen(p68316174AB) the processing (68351931AH) and the fakra cable. Link on page 2. You can either try to find the parts online or look at online junkyards (see page 2) or go through infotainment.com for a complete kit. Either way, read the first 2 to 3 pages to get a good idea of what the process entails.

Here are some junkyard links

From this site

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys. I know this thread is getting pretty long but all the info can be found on page 2. If you have a 17 with an 8.4" uconnect then you'll need the screen(p68316174AB) the processing (68351931AH) and the fakra cable. Link on page 2. You can either try to find the parts online or look at online junkyards (see page 2) or go through infotainment.com for a complete kit. Either way, read the first 2 to 3 pages to get a good idea of what the process entails.

From this site

Thank you for this information. Is there a difference between the 2019 and 2018 version? I heard that it has 4x the resolution?

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Thank you for this information. Is there a difference between the 2019 and 2018 version? I heard that it has 4x the resolution?
I can't imagine it would but I'm not sure. I know someone on here stated that but why would they go from an 18 to a 19 I'm the first place?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Chrylser Pacifica Touring-L with Nav version. But I didn't purchase the key. I have a DVD player and not a blu-ray player. How to search for a part? How hard it is to install?Will it void lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
60 Posts

From this site

Is there a different part number for 2019 model's?

101 - 118 of 118 Posts