2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add more confirmation. I just picked up our new 2021 (replacement for a 2019 buyback) and was only able to create a single profile...which also seems to have disabled the memory functions that are tied to individual keys. :-(

I was hoping to get into engineering mode and do a factory reset, but I can't seem to figure out the right key combo. I can get into dealer mode, but that doesn't let you reset anything. I might try pulling a fuse later.

Hopefully they can address this with a software update soon.
Thanks for the confirmation! You've nailed the key fob issue as well. I thought I would be "smart" and just tie the 2 different settings (Wife and myself) to the key fobs and in a way, skirt the system...but as you've stated, this issue destroyed that idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah - that's how the fobs worked in our 2019. You just did an S-1 or S-2 on the door and it tied your seat, mirror and radio presets to the key. Right now I can program with S-1 or S-2 and then hit 1 or 2 when getting in to move the seats...but it's definitely not tied to the key.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was able to tie the seats to our keys on the '21. I followed the same routine as my old T&C. On the seat memory buttons, press #, set, and the lock on the key fob. To unpair, #, set, and unlock. I have done this for 2 fobs, and it even changes the seat settings when the van is unlocked using passive unlock.

Reactions: pbjfarm

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to tie the seats to our keys on the '21. I followed the same routine as my old T&C. On the seat memory buttons, press #, set, and the lock on the key fob. To unpair, #, set, and unlock. I have done this for 2 fobs, and it even changes the seat settings when the van is unlocked using passive unlock.
Thanks ljnelson109! That procedure's actually in the manual too. Just tried it and now our seats/mirrors are tracking the keyfob.

For me that's 90% of the battle. My wife is really small, so I can't get in the car if she's been driving without this feature. :) The other profile settings aren't super important right now, she drives the car most of the time and our musical tastes aren't that different that we need our own radio presets and other settings customized.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just picked up our 2021 hybrid limited and we are having the same profile issue i.e we can only set one profile. The discussion has validated that we are not crazy, so we appreciate this thread. Our screen is simply not matching the manuals or videos. I hope that Chrysler will be releasing software update soon to fix this problem, it is not a huge deal, but the feature should work properly from day 1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BTW...we had to take in our Pacifica last week for a 12v battery issue (see other numerous threads about these problems), so we also asked them about the profiles issue. Of course, they were clueless about how the Uconnect profiles work and started talking about memory seat settings and pairing multiple phones LOL. At any rate, there still is no software update available from Chrysler, so no use of this convenient feature yet.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We just picked up our 2021 hybrid limited and we are having the same profile issue i.e we can only set one profile. The discussion has validated that we are not crazy, so we appreciate this thread. Our screen is simply not matching the manuals or videos. I hope that Chrysler will be releasing software update soon to fix this problem, it is not a huge deal, but the feature should work properly from day 1.
I'm very sorry to hear this. We've been working closely with our Uconnect engineering team and I've been told they estimate an update to address this concern will be pushed out by the end of 2021.

Alison
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
@ChryslerCares - a year to push out this update seems way too long. I know Chrysler is likely being conservative with the estimate but this seems like a big miss (I can see my manual was printed in Oct '20). Please convey our frustration.
I 2nd that statement and request to please convey our frustration.

@ChryslerCares If you need owner names/VINs, please let me know and I will send you a PM

Lee

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called Chrysler yesterday and was told this feature will be included in a firmware update in "early 2021". I can accept that with games, but driver profiles, that should have been active at delivery. So far, there seems to be a lot of confusion with Uconnect 5. We couldn't activate our Sirius Guardian for almost a week as the assist button wasn't functioning properly.
Thanks for calling Chrysler. I was trying to add a profile on my 2021 Pacifica and am having the same issues. There is no add profile option. I tried connecting the vehicle to my home wifi to see if there are any updates and the car says scanning and then nothing else. Not sure how long I was suppose to wait??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I tried connecting the vehicle to my home wifi to see if there are any updates and the car says scanning and then nothing else. Not sure how long I was suppose to wait??
Yep, I tried that too and got the same result. I tried several times and also tried the hotspot on my cell for maximum WiFi signal. No such luck.

·
Registered
2021 Touring L, Uconnect Theatre Package
2 Posts
Same issues here. No way to add profiles (car is 2021 Touring L). Can't figure out how to connect to wifi to download updates. I wonder if this may be some conflict between the direct wifi connection for CarPlay continuously disconnecting the car's wifi connection to a home network??

But unfortunately... there probably is no update... so I just gave up. C'mon Chrylser. For all we pay for these cars, you can afford a darn QC department to check this stuff. Poor form.

·
Registered
2021 Limited AWD
2 Posts
I’m having this same issue. No option to add profile. There doesn’t seem to be a difference between key fobs. I’m eager for a software update- hopefully will fix these things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same 2 issues with a 2021 Hybrid Touring:

1) can't create more than one profile
2) can't get confirmation that the van has connected successfully to my house's WiFi, or any confirmation that the software is up to date and does or doesn't need an update

Anyone know the right way to express dissatisfaction with these issues to Chrysler?

I saw the comment above from a Chrysler rep saying they intend to fix issue (1) by the end of 2021, which is a crazy-long delay for a feature that's advertised and documented.

I haven't seen any comments about whether (2) will be addressed.

As someone who works in software, I have to say that the buggy state of the 2021 version of the UConnect software is an embarrassment for FCA. Considering how computer-based modern cars are, it's a strong disincentive to buy FCA again.

·
Registered
2021 Maximum Steel PHEV Pinnacle (being built)
57 Posts
I have the same issue. However, i care less about creating the profiles as i do about not having the tri-climate system. Our van, only allows us to control the climate to hi/lo setting no temperature in between. Nor does it allow the passenger or rear seat to actually control the temperature independent from the driver. If the end of 2021 is the ECD, that is unacceptable and everyone should avoid buying one until they fix the software.

·
Registered
2021 Limited AWD
2 Posts
I did get an official response from customer care. See below:
I can understand not having something work with your brand new vehicle and I do have some information below for you regarding this:

Customers with the new Uconnect 5 radio in the 2021 Dodge Durango or 2021 Chrysler Pacifica may notice they cannot add multiple user Profiles to their radio.

Details
This is a known issue within the early build Uconnect 5 radios.

Uconnect will resolve this issue in 2021 with a firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) update to allow customers to add up to 5 total profiles.
  • As of now, the customer will only have 1 profile.
  • No other features of the radio are affected.
Watch in your vehicle for that update that will be released as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issues as others in our 2021 Pinacle we purchased 5 days ago!!! Can’t add profiles and the key fobs don’t seem to sync with seat settings. An entire year to fix Chrysler!? I use to work for GM and they would have had our entire IT Team in a war room fixing this in a matter of days working straight. They also need to fix streaming from iOS devices and not just android. It’s 2021. Anyways... Also some random quirky things like trunk not closing with key fob or interior button in back after vehicle turns off. Hope they get it together because my family loves this van in spite of it being slightly defective.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Having the same issues as others in our 2021 Pinacle we purchased 5 days ago!!! Can’t add profiles and the key fobs don’t seem to sync with seat settings. An entire year to fix Chrysler!? I use to work for GM and they would have had our entire IT Team in a war room fixing this in a matter of days working straight. They also need to fix streaming from iOS devices and not just android. It’s 2021. Anyways... Also some random quirky things like trunk not closing with key fob or interior button in back after vehicle turns off. Hope they get it together because my family loves this van in spite of it being slightly defective.
Mapping the key to the seats works "old school" without the Uconnect profiles. See post #23. This doesn't help with radio profiles and other preferences, but fixes the memory seat issue.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid, Touring L
7 Posts
My wife and I just purchased a 2021 Hybrid Touring L last week. I took it on a road trip that was about 1900miles. Here's all the issues I had with the Uconnect 5:

-Apple Carplay dropped several times and sometimes was unable to reconnect without going into settings and resetting the radio.
-The navigation wouldn't always load addresses, it would just buffer but never load.
-The Uconnect Bluetooth would also disconnect from the phone. (I tried this instead of carplay, since I was having so many issues)
-The wifi to update the firmware wouldn't show connected, The message was cut off so you couldn't see if it was connected or connecting. Either way it never worked.
-The Market feature would never activate, it just said "An error has occurred. Please try again later"
-The Weather feature didn't work, same error.
-The screen would be unresponsive sometimes when trying to type or would close out the keyboard when selecting a letter
-I have Amazon Music through Apple Carplay, that only worked about 50% of the time or less. Otherwise it was just unresponsive when you selected the song.

Other features like adding a second profile I never tried, but clearly there's a lot of issues with this. The apple carplay and Bluetooth dropping is perhaps the most frustrating because you'll be mid-conversation and lose the call through the system. Actually kind of dangerous really, as someone could look down at their phone to see what happened and cause an accident so it's concerning that Chrysler is knowingly selling the vehicle with this issue.

Otherwise, the vehicle was awesome. I really love it, its so quiet inside and when the Bluetooth is connected the people on the other end cannot hear the road noise as its minimal.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
72 Posts
Not sure if this is the best thread to mention this but on my 2 week old pacifica hybrid the entire center screen went dark and wouldn't come back. Someone, who apparently experienced the same thing, said to press the volume button and other button down together for 30 seconds to reboot the display. That worked and it hasn't recurred again yet.

I'm going to post in its own thread but will briefly mention here that today the ignition button wouldn't go to OFF after parking, stuck on ON, and when I tried to put it in drive the D just constantly flashed on and off and it wouldn't engage. I kept trying to get the ignition to go Off with foot on the brake but it wouldn't move from ON. After maybe 15 minutes it finally just relented and went to OFF. Since this afternoon it has not failed again. Needless to say I'm getting worried about this brand new vehicle. It reminds me of Windows in the early days.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts