2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring LS
2 Posts
Just recently picked up our 2021 Pac Hy TL - Ran into this issue with the profiles. Annoyingly, I remember having all of the options for the profiles at the Dealership before the sales guy setup the SiriusXM and UConnect. Has anyone tried a factory reset option in the radio menu? What about the phone app?

To add to the mess, I saw folks mention 3 keys - I only received 2. Should I have gotten a 3rd key and how can I tell if the key is a regular key or a keysense key?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,089 Posts
The third Keysense fob is an option. The vehicle comes with two standard. You identify a Keysense fob by the word Keysense on the back instead of the Chrysler emblem. Check your window sticker to see if your vehicle has the Keysense option.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
72 Posts
The third Keysense fob is an option. The vehicle comes with two standard. You identify a Keysense fob by the word Keysense on the back instead of the Chrysler emblem. Check your window sticker to see if your vehicle has the Keysense option.
I thought it was standard equipment until your post. Sadly, it's not on my keys or window sticker. :cry:

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,089 Posts
I thought it was standard equipment until your post. Sadly, it's not on my keys or window sticker. :cry:
You only need it if you have teenagers, or others you allow to drive your vehicle, that you feel you are not able to fully trust to be careful.

Reactions: TedF

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not sure about adding new profiles but I've read you can't use more than one profile, perhaps not until 2022, due to a software bug.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hello Lee, did you find out what was the issue ? I just bought a Durango and I’m having the same issue….
From what I have seen here and on a couple other forums, it is simply not yet supported. We are all supposed to be understanding that we paid full price for a vehicle but only get the "beta version" of the Uconnect 5 software without so much as a "thank you for being an early adopter" message. I have already received a software update and I can't even seem to find out what that update was supposed to offer.

Thank you Chrysler.

Lee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 2021 Pacifica on Feb. 27, 2021. I tried to set up more than one profile by looking in the owner's manual and could not do it. I have run into the same problems you did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the same situation. I picked up the Pacifica 2021 Touring L Hybrid on Monday , March 8th, and was surprised to see that after setting up my 1 profile, I was not able to add another.
I was wandering if perhaps the profiles are only a feature in the more upscale editions? But the instructions seem to indicate that I should have them.
I am also unable to get any information in the software updates screen, just Connect..... Other than that, so far, the car is amazing. After my first recharging, it shows 37 miles to go on electricity (up from the original 34), so it seems to have increased it's electric range.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No additional profiles until the software update. Possibly not until sometime in 2022.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb. 2021 build. California
62 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear this. We've been working closely with our Uconnect engineering team and I've been told they estimate an update to address this concern will be pushed out by the end of 2021.

Alison
Chrysler Cares
@ChryslerCares End of 2021 is unacceptable for an advertised feature. Just bought this $50k+ vehicle a few days ago....

Just recently picked up our 2021 Pac Hy TL - Ran into this issue with the profiles. Annoyingly, I remember having all of the options for the profiles at the Dealership before the sales guy setup the SiriusXM and UConnect. Has anyone tried a factory reset option in the radio menu? What about the phone app?

To add to the mess, I saw folks mention 3 keys - I only received 2. Should I have gotten a 3rd key and how can I tell if the key is a regular key or a keysense key?
I tried the factory reset option in the radio before finding this thread. Factory reset did not help, sorry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are new owners of a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid & are really happy to have found this forum!

For us, we definitely need 2+ profiles to accommodate the different driving styles and preferences. For example, for the older family member profile, we intend to configure the safety settings to trigger faster, louder and be more prominent. For the younger drivers, we will include profile settings that are not as loud and aggressive, plus things like stereo settings, tilt mirror on reverse, etc...

We are very disappointed that FCA dropped the ball on this; this vehicle shouldn't have gone into Production with such software defects especially if the User Manual describes the behavior one way, but the purchased product doesn't honor what's written; in the software industry... the teams/managers responsible for major blunders like this would be let go. One person put it perfectly in a previous post - the software on this vehicle reminds them of an old Windows operating system. :( It's frightening to think what other software safety-related issues/defects are out there.

Question for the forum, when an OTA update occurs, how can you tell? Is there a notice of some kind or it just happens silently?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I agree, Chrysler should have put a "Late arrival" notice on all their literature and manuals. I would never expect them to hold off production of the vehicle for such an unnecessary feature.

You should get a notice on your screen about the update. You will be asked to approve the update for immediately or later.

Reactions: Chi Craig

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle, bought 20 Mar 2021.
27 Posts
I agree, Chrysler should have put a "Late arrival" notice on all their literature and manuals. I would never expect them to hold off production of the vehicle for such an unnecessary feature.

You should get a notice on your screen about the update. You will be asked to approve the update for immediately or later.
Here is another quirk related to profiles (2021 Pinnacle; bought 3 days ago). I managed the other day to change the units for tire pressure. I tried again today within the Profile Edit, where My Profile menu item has a Units subelement. However, it would not accept the change. I then went to Display menu item, where Units is again a subelement, and the change was accepted. So it appears that even some of the customizable features of a profile (e.g., Units) are not properly implemented as of today.

Just a comment on the Keysense fob... I tried it out the other day. I needed to make a lane change on a multilane highway to get out of the exit lane and into the main lanes. There was a truck beside me, preventing me from pulling over to the left, and I could not accelerate because of the speed limit of the key fob. This could be dangerous in some situations where you might need that bit of speed.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
248 Posts
Just a comment on the Keysense fob... I tried it out the other day. I needed to make a lane change on a multilane highway to get out of the exit lane and into the main lanes. There was a truck beside me, preventing me from pulling over to the left, and I could not accelerate because of the speed limit of the key fob. This could be dangerous in some situations where you might need that bit of speed.
In the Keysense settings the “Maximum Vehicle Speed” feature can be set to 65, 70, 75, 80, or 85 mph.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Pacific Pinnacle
9 Posts
This was our first Chrysler and very disappointed how buggy the entire vehicle is. Not sure how long we will keep it especially if it takes more than a year for software fixes. Totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the same boat... just bought a '21 Pacifica with the single user profile issue. Following to see when others finally start seeing am update.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts