2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1141 - 1145 of 1145 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
sorry to burst bubble

our van just did it for the first time, just as described above.

its the first time, its a 2017 touring L plus
44000 miles

i was just in last month under my extended to have the sliding door issue sorted out, while in there we did all other updates, of course the ones they dont tell you unless you complain about them.....such as front warning collision, and something with control stalks and steering module

i really thought we were safe from having this problem but i guess not, esp as this should have already been sorted

@ChryslerCares get at me

im pissed
Build date?
Original battery? (Not necessarily related to stall, just curious.)

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
863 Posts
This thread (conflated somehow with an oil change discussion at the beginning) primarily revolved about a specific type of stall.
Without warning, the engine would stop. As soon as the van was brought to a stop, and placed in PARK, the engine would start again and there would be no codes generated.

The issue was a bit confused by owners reporting stalls that did not follow that pattern. The problem was ultimately diagnosed and fixed by a recall camaign, although a TSB issued months earlier for another issue unknowingly resolved the issue as well, and vans that had that update did not need the recall update.

First, if you are not going to a dealer immediately, get a free download & printout of OBD codes immediately. Some codes age out of the system before you get serviced. While the thread's original stall threw no codes, that is a clue in itself.

Secondly, write down (so you don't rely on memory weeks down the road,) exactly what happened. Changing speeds, turning, flat suface or hill, etc. Were there any dashboard icons lighting up prior to the stall. Did the van immediately restart? Any noises? Did it restart without a problem? and so on.

Unless your van never received the TSB/Recall update, I truly believe you are experiencing a different problem. \

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wasn't in the car but it was described exactly as others have. Slow speed. Beep and warning on dash to go-to park. Turns back on fine

Build I think is Aug/Sept 16. Purchase Jan 17.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
863 Posts
I wasn't in the car but it was described exactly as others have. Slow speed. Beep and warning on dash to go-to park. Turns back on fine

Build I think is Aug/Sept 16. Purchase Jan 17.
That build date is in the range covered by the recall. Go to Official Mopar Site | Recall Information and put in your VIN. Make sure the recall was applied. (Note - if the TSB was applied, the recall was updated with an arbitrary date -- that caused a lot of confusion at first.)

But as to your narrative -- speed seems not to have been a factor in the original problem. Was the beep AFTER the engine stalled (0 RPM?) in response an attempt to start the van while it was still moving and not in PARK?

Good luck. Please let us know the ultimate diagnosis.

·
Registered
145 Posts
not sure of the answer but will ask the mrs.

1141 - 1145 of 1145 Posts