Yes, then there are people like me that want dedicated GPS navigation separate from a phone. I like to use my phone exclusively for calls, streaming Prime Unlimited music, and connected to an Escort Redline 360C feeding real-time situational awareness updates to the Escort Redline 360C.The phone GPS gets updated very week for noting
I got the same WIERD email from them. This was my response to themOrdered the update and two days ago received an e-mail from "[email protected]" that went directly to my spam folder. Discovered it just today. Reads as follows:
Regarding your recent pre-purchase for: 2020 North American Map Update for Uconnect® 4C NAV w/ 8.4" touch-screen
Once both of your OTA Software Updates are complete – you will have Application Version: IR-22.63
- FCA has asked HERE to delay shipment of this product because important Over-the-Air (OTA) Software updates need to be installed on your radio prior to installing any map update.
- FCA will be pushing this update automatically to all owners over the next few months. However, as you are one of the early purchasers of the map update, FCA has agreed to prioritize your OTA update. In order to ensure you are included by FCA with the first delivery of these Software updates, HERE must provide FCA the VIN of your vehicle no later than 2/24/2021.
- Once you have provided your VIN to HERE, by responding to this email, HERE will provide it to FCA. FCA’s current planning for the OTA updates is to send them to you in approximately 2 weeks. You will receive 2 updates a few days apart. Once FCA sends the OTA update - you will see a screen that indicates new Software is ready for your Uconnect system. Please select 'Update Now' when you see this message on your screen.
How to check your Application Version:
Once FCA has informed HERE that map updates can be shipped, HERE will send you another email informing you of the plan for delivering your map update.
- Put the system into ‘Dealer Mode’ by holding the Driver Side Temp Up and Temp Down and Front Defrost buttons down at the same time for 7-10 seconds (location of buttons may vary across vehicles). The ‘Dealer Mode’ screen should appear.
- Touch ‘ System Information’
- Touch ‘ Radio Part Information’
- Within the ‘Application Version’ information row – you should see: IR-22.63
- Use the back arrow or ‘X’ at top right of screen to exit Dealer Mode.
Thank you for your prompt attention to providing HERE your VIN.
HERE Customer Service
Normally the map update (that you have to pay for) updates streets and places --things you find on a map.Hello all! I am curious... what is actually getting updated? Just new streets? Any functionality improvements?
Actually updates are typically released every other year from what the Here Technology Rep had explained to me. Unless there is a particular fix that needs to be addressed they are typically released fourth quarter every other year.Normally the map update (that you have to pay for) updates streets and places --things you find on a map.
UConnect software updates the system or navigation (if you have it) and sometimes updates can be done at home with a USB and computer. A dealer can also do UConnect system updates, but sometimes they might charge after the warranty period.
The maps on the initial navigation system were outdated when my van was new so I paid for the map update in 2018 which helped. Since the 2017s don't have Android Auto/CarPlay, I will probably update maps every few years, but not yearly. It depends on how out of date it gets and how much traveling I plan to do. I could also check my cell phone info if needed, but I do like the 8.4 nav screen.
They have tried to sell me one every year.Actually updates are typically released every other year from what the Here Technology Rep had explained to me. Unless there is a particular fix that needs to be addressed they are typically released fourth quarter every other year.
My 2017 might have a different nav RA3 or VP3 or designation number than the 2018s and newer systems so there might be a difference in release dates. Maybe it just seems like they've been trying to sell me updates every year.interesting... i've been begging for one the last couple years 😂
Have heard nothing from them or received OTAU. Not even a response to my email responding to their email that made no sense for what I ordered for my version.Anyone that sent their VIN to Here & Here for the early update get the over the air uconnect update? i sent mine in and got a shipping notice from fedex that has been pending. I'm thinking they got the shipping labels slapped on the map updates to send out but have to wait for chrysler to green light it before they actually ship them out. Just wondering if anyone got the over the air yet.
Have heard nothing from them or received OTAU. Not even a response to my email responding to their email that made no sense for what I ordered for my version.
Just got a response from them. Thirteen days later. Must have taken them a while to figure out their error. I have a great issue with incompetence. Like the email, they sent that had nothing to do with my order.Thats odd, I sent my VIN into them and they emailed me back practically right away. Just waiting for the OTAU to get sent out I think once they get it out the maps update will ship same day - I've already got shipping notice from fedex but its just pending them getting it to fedex
mine "shipped" like almost two weeks agoJust got an email, they also did not release or ship a week ago as they stated in the previous email:
Your order has shipped!
The following items from your recent HERE Technologies order have shipped.
We have included carrier tracking information so you may monitor expected delivery.
Tracking Number *
Thank you for shopping with HERE Technologies.
That's great! Love the "shipped".mine "shipped" like almost two weeks ago
|Thursday, March 11, 2021|
|12:56 AM||NASHVILLE, TN||Arrived at FedEx location|
|Wednesday, March 10, 2021|
|10:14 PM||MURFREESBORO, TN||Left FedEx origin facility|
|9:32 PM||MURFREESBORO, TN||Arrived at FedEx location|
|Tuesday, February 23, 2021|
|1:40 PM||Shipment information sent to FedEx|