2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Are you still under the factory warranty? If so they will absolutely cover it.

On a side note anybody know if they rectified this after 17 I'm thinking about having the hood wrapped and It bit me in the ass on my 14 T&C as I had to have it removed for them to "fix" it which lasted about another 15 months before the corrosion came back. I don't want to be in the same boat if they have not fixed this after 17's

On a side note anybody know if they rectified this after 17 I'm thinking about having the hood wrapped and It bit me in the ass on my 14 T&C as I had to have it removed for them to "fix" it which lasted about another 15 months before the corrosion came back. I don't want to be in the same boat if they have not fixed this after 17's
Hello rescueswimmer,

We regret to hear this! Please feel free to send us a private message with more details if you'd like additional assistance.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

Having issue with bubbling paint on the hood of my 2017 Pacifica. Took to dealer and he said Chrysler would not cover this! I don’t trust this dealer! What else can I do? Jim Meredith
CW 4 Army ret.
Hi Jimmeredith,

We are very sorry to hear this. Please feel free to follow up via private message as we are happy to discuss this further with you.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

Mine had it and I got it repaired about a year ago. Was cleaning the van today and noticed it was back. I am going to take it too the dealer on Monday and show them. Hopefully I will get a new hood this time. I have 81,000 miles on my van now, but I think this issue is covered under the 5yr/100,000 Rust protection warranty.

Mine had it and I got it repaired about a year ago. Was cleaning the van today and noticed it was back. I am going to take it too the dealer on Monday and show them. Hopefully I will get a new hood this time. I have 81,000 miles on my van now, but I think this issue is covered under the 5yr/100,000 Rust protection warranty.
Hey rluck9277,

Please feel free to follow up via private message with more details as we would be happy to see how we can assist further from our end.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

I have a 2017 Pacifica and there are probably at least 6 spots around the edges of the hood that have paint bubbling. The dealership was not helpful getting it repaired and Chrysler care representative was even worse. He rudely told my wife that “the hood is not sheet metal” and it would not be covered under the corrosion warranty. I’m highly disappointed and frustrated.

I have a 2017 Pacifica and there are probably at least 6 spots around the edges of the hood that have paint bubbling. The dealership was not helpful getting it repaired and Chrysler care representative was even worse. He rudely told my wife that “the hood is not sheet metal” and it would not be covered under the corrosion warranty. I’m highly disappointed and frustrated.
The inconsistency of some people getting theirs covered and others NOT is very stupid and frustrating to say the least!

Okay so the dealer took photos of the HORRIBLE bubbling which is ALL along the front of the hood and submitted them to Chrysler and Chrysler is now telling the dealer that they will not cover it due to mileage and the the fact we are the 2nd owners? WTF kinda bs is that? Why does it matter that we are the 2nd owners and why does mileage matter when the Corrosion warranty is 5yrs unlimited miles? What do I do now? speak with the service manager over Chrysler?

Okay so the dealer took photos of the HORRIBLE bubbling which is ALL along the front of the hood and submitted them to Chrysler and Chrysler is now telling the dealer that they will not cover it due to mileage and the the fact we are the 2nd owners? WTF kinda bs is that? Why does it matter that we are the 2nd owners and why does mileage matter when the Corrosion warranty is 5yrs unlimited miles? What do I do now? speak with the service manager over Chrysler?
I would contact @ChryslerCares (post #33 above -- click on the icon to send a private message.) Unfortunately, I don't think it is a corrosion issue -- from what I'v seen on these threads is that it is a paint application process issue. Most posters have had it repaired or replaced -- does anyone know if there is a TSB on this? But because of the nature of the problem, those beyond the 36K/3 year bumper to bumper may have to rely on the good will of Chrysler. Has anyone on in the forum with an extended warranty had it cured under that coverage or beyond the bumper to bumper period get it done anyway?

I would contact @ChryslerCares (post #33 above -- click on the icon to send a private message.) Unfortunately, I don't think it is a corrosion issue -- from what I'v seen on these threads is that it is a paint application process issue. Most posters have had it repaired or replaced -- does anyone know if there is a TSB on this? But because of the nature of the problem, those beyond the 36K/3 year bumper to bumper may have to rely on the good will of Chrysler. Has anyone on in the forum with an extended warranty had it cured under that coverage or beyond the bumper to bumper period get it done anyway?

Lily the form admin said this about it:

"Yes, the reason the hood is bubbling is because of the fact it is aluminum and the lip was formed with steel rollers. Galvanic corrosion at a microscopic level slowly caused outgasing under the paint which causes the bubbles. 100% warranty by time and unlimited miles."

I currently have an open ticket with Chrysler Cares.

I had just run across @Lily's post at Paint Issue were she cited corrision and was coming back to correct my post.

So I would contact @ChryslerCares with that comment and reference her post above

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.